Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Camo M16 steel "flowerpot"

Article about: I bought this many years ago from a dealer who had several helmets that appeared to have come from a local American Legion post. I picked up this helmet along with a "hate" belt. H

?

Default Camo M16 steel "flowerpot"

I bought this many years ago from a dealer who had several helmets that appeared to have come from a local American Legion post. I picked up this helmet along with a "hate" belt. He had several painted US M1917 helmets. This cost me about USD$35 about 15 years ago, so I don't think the dealer was trying to cheat me with a fake paint job and artifical weathering.

I call it a flowerpot because of the rust markings on the inside and the extra holes in the side. It appears to me that this was mounted in some sort of a stand upside down. Notice what appears to be the shadow of square nuts or bolt heads . The rust markings on the interior look like the helmet was constantly damp, but kept level. If anyone has better thoughts the extra holes, please feel free to voice them!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Camo M16 steel "flowerpot"   Camo M16 steel "flowerpot"  

Camo M16 steel "flowerpot"   Camo M16 steel "flowerpot"  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Camo M16 steel "flowerpot"
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Camo M16 steel "flowerpot"

Beast you'll not be far wrong on some of the Battlefields in France particulary the Somme i have seen many a flower display hanging basket outside someones house in a German M16 Helmet.

Not so much these days as they have been bought by collectors
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Default Re: Camo M16 steel "flowerpot"

Paul,
    Thank you for the reply! I would love to find more of these "flowerpots"! I had thought about restoring it, but I think with the extra holes that are drilled in to it, it would just never look correct. Maybe I'll get some artifical red poppies and turn it into a memorial.