Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Can anybody ID this uniform?

Article about: I am looking for ANY info that you can glean about this man (rank, unit, arm of the military - literally anything) I believe the picture was taken during or in the run-up to WWI, in Berlin.

?

Default Can anybody ID this uniform?

I am looking for ANY info that you can glean about this man (rank, unit, arm of the military - literally anything)
    I believe the picture was taken during or in the run-up to WWI, in Berlin.
    I know that he was subsequently a member of the military police in WWII, but am not sure if this is a red-herring.
    Thank you in advance. I have tried to work it out myself, but in the absence of any colour and with my ignorance of the field my head was spinning with all the permutations.

Can anybody ID this uniform?

Guard Infantry Regiment.

?

Thanks!
    Officer or OR?
    Would it have been a WWI uniform?

Hi

he is other ranks, possibly an nco but unlikely as he has a leather chin strap on his pickelhaube.

The uniform is his dress one for parade and walking out. He would have worn field grey 1907 pattern uniform in the field.

cheers

Tony

?

Thanks again.
    I take it there is too little detail to ID which particular guard regiment it might have been?

The photographer has a Berlin address and the uniform has double Litzen on the collar so I would guess he was in either the First or Second Guard Grenadier Regiment.