Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Can anyone transcribe/translate Old German Script?

Article about: Can anyone help me transcribe/translate these old post cards from the SMS Bremen?

?

Default Can anyone transcribe/translate Old German Script?

Can anyone help me transcribe/translate these old post cards from the SMS Bremen?

try member "SH89" in the new post forum, he is offering this service for free

?

Hello Joec03,

in case you haven't had any luck with the post cards yet, there is a small attempt to decipher their content.
    Unfortunately, I am not able to discern everything. Here is, however, at least what I could with lesser or greater degree of certainty figure out. Because I am not a native speaker in any of these languages (German and English) I tough it would be for the best to provide here the text in it is original form as well. Maybe somebody will be able to help you further and correct my possible mistakes. I hope it helps you a little bit.
    - Pavel

Letter 1 (with stamps removed)

German text:
    Liebe Eltern und Geschwister,
    sind jetz auf die Bremen seid den 8. und bleiben bis 15. hier liegen, bin in Heizraum gekommen, da kann mann aber Arbeiten, die alte Mannschaft fährt, auch am 15. zu Hauße. Die sind aber fro, daß sie los sind. Aber 7 Woche kommen wir ins …dorf, da verleben wir eine schöne Zeit. Schreib mir bitte, ob ihr die Karten mit den … Marken erhalten habt?
    Es grüßt Willy.

English text:
    Dear parents and siblings,
    am now on (he board of) the Bremen since the 8th and will stay here until the 15th. I went into the boiler room but there is (a lot of?) work. The old crew makes its way home on the 15th too, but they are glad that they are leaving. But (in?) 7 weeks arrive we in … (it has to be a name of same place ending with –dorf). We spend there a good time. Write to me please, whether you have received the cards with … marks?
    Greetings from Willy

Letter 2 (with stamps)

German text:
    Liebe Eltern und Geschwister,
    heute Morgen ist die Bremen ... eingetroffen, werden jedenfalls morgens an Land kommen. Buenos-Aires ist eine schöne Stadt. Hier ist jetz die Weltausstellung. Meine Taufschein könnt ihr von Kunzens (?) haben, die bei Auerbachs wohnen. Denn ich habe ihn mit Maschinist Matrose Kunze ... weg geschickt. Es grüßt euch euer Sohn Willy.

English text:
    Dear parents and siblings,
    Today in the morning the Bremen arrived (here?). Will come tomorrow to shore in any case. Buenos Aires is a nice city. A World’s fair is taking place here right now. You should get my baptism certificate from the Kunzens who live with the Auerbachs, because I sent it with the Maschinist Matrose Kunze.
    Greetings from your son Willy.