MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 101 of 121 FirstFirst ... 51 91 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 111 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1202

Cargo Submarine U-Deutschland Artifacts and Model

Article about: Steve: Thanks for the follow-up on Mont Alto. It looks like Prusse was probably the engineer superintendent of construction on both the Deutschland and the Bremen. His official designation i

Hey Walt. Any chance you have some photos of the exhibit?
    Thanks for letting us know.

Luke

I'll leave that honor to Zuke. He ought to be resurfacing sooner than later with images of his U-DEUTSCHLAND model and artifacts many here would simply 'dye' for.

We've been informed that Dwight Messimer is having a rough go of it of late and we wish him the very best. Like others who've cast their nets upon the Cyber-Seas in hopes of receiving a few 'pings' about U-DEUTSCHLAND, and her sister ship U-BREMEN, it was on account of the anchor post that Dwight set in 2011 that made this wunderbar thread become a reality.

All-in-all, it has been, and continues to be, a magical mystery carpet ride and I've been honor'd to be aboard these many years.

Fair Winds and Following Seas --
    |
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~(==========/#\============|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Last edited by STBaltimore; 10-01-2016 at 10:38 PM.

Quote by drmessimer View Post
    ... The only artifacts that certainly came from the U-Deutschland, are those that were manufactured in Baltimore in 1916, and probably those made by the Robert Smith & Sons Shipbreakers in 1921. I would like to hear any comments you have about this possibility. Dwight
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/attac...model-box1.jpg

Maybe excepting "One of the rarest artifacts is a box of the dye-stuffs that the Deutschland carried to [New London, not] Baltimore. Small samples of the dye were were boxed by the consignees and given as gifts to their clients." (like the one in your collection, and perhaps the collections of a few others?)

Walt:
    I wouldn't be surprised if the one Dwight has is the only one in existence!
    Don't forget about these artifacts.

Luke

Cargo Submarine U-Deutschland Artifacts and ModelCargo Submarine U-Deutschland Artifacts and ModelCargo Submarine U-Deutschland Artifacts and Model

Exclamation

The wreck of a German U-boat that sank almost 100 years ago has been discovered by engineers laying subsea power cables.

Remarkable sonar images show the missing World War One submarine is largely intact and lying off the Galloway coast.

Experts believe the vessel could be the UB-85 [not the U-BREMEN], a sub that sank in 1918 [not 1916], according to official records.

http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/660/cps...897_sonar2.png

We know U-BREMEN is still out there somewhere. ike the ill-fated CSS HUNLEY, it's only a matter of time before she gives up her secrets Steady as she goes.

Read more here:
    Wreck of German U-boat found off coast of Stranraer - BBC News
    Last edited by STBaltimore; 10-20-2016 at 02:26 PM.

After a dry spell I've finally managed to pick up a few new U-Deutschland souvenirs.

Here's a great find! I've been looking for these for a very long time and finally saw this pair for sale. And once again Steve saved the day and secured them for me. Without him I would of lost them and probably will never see another pair for sale. Thanks again, Steve!
    These are the smallest candlesticks I have ever seen!

Luke

And here they are listed for sale almost a hundred years ago.

I told you it was only a small package! And thanks for the pictures, that was the first time I had actually seen them with not opening the box they were in.

Page 101 of 121 FirstFirst ... 51 91 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 111 ... LastLast