Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

CDV photos - what can we know about these two guys?

Article about: Hi everyone, just got these out of the mail today. I've been buying photos from ww1 and was wondering what might be inferred about these two. Picture No. 1 The full size photo has an iron cr

Default CDV photos - what can we know about these two guys?

Hi everyone, just got these out of the mail today. I've been buying photos from ww1 and was wondering what might be inferred about these two.

Picture No. 1

CDV photos - what can we know about these two guys?CDV photos - what can we know about these two guys?CDV photos - what can we know about these two guys?The full size photo has an iron cross on it. It actually looks like he's go the ribbon for one ek2, is wearing an ek2 and has another ribbon through the second button hole. Maybe the hindenburg cross ribbon?

Also, what's that little circular medal on the left side of his chest?

Picture No.2

I don't know anything about this guy. Is this even a world war one photo? What area from germany would he have been from?

nothing?

?

Give it time James, there's only 4 hours between your original posting and your second one mate.
    Dont forget about time differences among the group members. I am sure that someone will come up with an answer sooner or later, unfortunately, I am not one of them because I know absolutely nothing about WWI German uniforms other than the colour!

Regards etc
    Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

Two interesting photographs, the first one could be a pioneer, because of the black bottom of its cap, probably saxon or bavarian considering the light color of the state cockade
    The second one is definitely saxon, either 108 schutzen regiment "Prinz Georg" or jager battaillon 12 or 13
    108 regiment have a very special belt buckle showing the initials GG intertwined with a small crown on top, maybe a close up of the buckle on the photo could help identification

There is only the one EK2 Ribbon attached to the tunic. If you look carefully at the EK2 you will see that the ribbon attached to the cross has been folded in a fancy way. At first glance it may look as though he has two ribbons through the buttonholes, but he hasn't. The picture is a studio picture, and therefore he has pinned his EK2 on his tunic for the camera.

thank you! excellent information there!