Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Cockades w/ small hole

Article about: I bought these cockades thinking they would fit my pickelhaube, but the holes are too small. What sort of helmet do these cockades go on? Thanks.

?

Default Cockades w/ small hole

I bought these cockades thinking they would fit my pickelhaube, but the holes are too small. What sort of helmet do these cockades go on? Thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cockades w/ small hole   Cockades w/ small hole  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Cockades w/ small hole
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Cockades w/ small hole

I know there is some variation on cockade whole size throughout the german states in the war, maybe that could be the reason? I don't know for sure.

All the best,
    Stefan

Check out Tony's website. Anything and everything about Picks.

Kaiser's Bunker
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

?

Thx. Looked at the site and it looks like it goes with an officer's helmet, although someone told me it goes to a German fireman's helmet.

Pablo, these are original cockades from a Pickelhaube still using chin scales after 1891 and 1897....some units i.e. Field Artillery did not switch to the M91 chinstrap mounts (until 1915 !) and the corresponding leather chin strap. They still retained the old style chin scales which were fixed the the helmet using a "rosette" with a double brad split pin, which when pushed through the cockade, helmet shell and a washer on the inside of the helm opened up to hold the chin scales on.....so the hole did not have to be as wide on those used on the M1891 Pickelhaubes...they are not Fire brigade ones.
    Do not try to open up the holes as you will render the cockades valueless.....and ruin the history of them.
    Prost ! Steve.