Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A couple of German WW.1 helmets out of the woodwork.

Article about: i am not typically a WW.1 collector but every now and again if something German from that period pops up and I like it then I do make the effort and get it for my collection. I was offered t

Default A couple of German WW.1 helmets out of the woodwork.

i am not typically a WW.1 collector but every now and again if something German from that period pops up and I like it then I do make the effort and get it for my collection. I was offered these 2 helmets which I loved the moment I saw them, there not perfect and have some flaws but they are near on 100 years old now. The steel helmet is in reasonable order and retains a lot of original paint to the inside as well as the makers stamp on the neck guard and another stamp which I hope you can read in the dome. I could not get a really nice picture of that unfortunately.
    The Picklehaube I really like, as you rarely see them with original covers. I know part of the eagle is missing and there are no cockades or chinstrap but to me it looks like something that old should look...although I know other collectors have much better examples. There are some unit marking on the rear neck guard of this helmet but they are just covered in dirt and thats how I am going to keep it. If I clean it I am sure it would clean up well but then the "Character" that has built up over the last decades will be gone forever.
    I hope you enjoy seeing them.
    All the best from Jersey.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A couple of German WW.1 helmets out of the woodwork.   A couple of German WW.1 helmets out of the woodwork.  

A couple of German WW.1 helmets out of the woodwork.   A couple of German WW.1 helmets out of the woodwork.  

A couple of German WW.1 helmets out of the woodwork.   A couple of German WW.1 helmets out of the woodwork.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A couple of German WW.1 helmets out of the woodwork.
    P
    Many

Default Re: A couple of German WW.1 helmets out of the woodwork.

I really like the look of these items.

Thanks for showing them D.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Well they may not be perfect.but there awesome congrats and thanks for showing......gotta luv m16's one day Jake one day.......

They both have the "been their" look to them.
    I would take them any day over a near "mint" example.

A nice M15 Pickelhaube with grey phosphated fittings, although with a cover, it is not the correct type for an M15, which was two piece....not the one piece shown (although probably worn any way !), these are for the earlier M95 huabes...the M15 has a detachable spike that twists off bayonet style, in order to alter its profile, the covers spike piece was also removable to accommodate this deception.....still a nice find, and they should be kept as is IMO. The M16 is in remarkable condition for its age. The cover by the way is on back to front, the hole forward (as on the photo) of the spike cover should correspond with the movable vent cover on the rear spine
    Prost ! Steve.

You lucky sod!....

great looking WWI lids.
    thanks for sharing .

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Just out of interest, does anyone have an idea what the 2 are worth. They are not for sale, i would just be interested to know for the sake of knowing.
    D.

Nice find.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

?

I wish stuff like that would come out of my wood work!!!!
    I really like the M16.
    Thanks for sharing!!!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast