Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Cross Für Kriegsverdinesthilfe ??

Article about: This my ID for this cross, but can anyone give me the exact year (could it be 1916) for this cross (it must be from WW1) and tell me more about the letters on the front of the cross (founded

Default Cross Für Kriegsverdinesthilfe ??

This my ID for this cross, but can anyone give me the exact year (could it be 1916) for this cross (it must be from WW1) and tell me more about the letters on the front of the cross (founded by King Wilhelm II)
    Kreuz Fur Kriegshilfsdienst Preussen 1870- 1932
    Orden Preussen Kreuz fur Kriegshilfe

Order of Prussia Cross for war aid,
    for civilians in the war aid for military action engages in 100%
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cross Für Kriegsverdinesthilfe ??  

Default Re: Cross Für Kriegsverdinesthilfe ??

johnschou, you have identified the medal correctly, however your dates are wrong (1870-1932)....''Preussen Verdienstkreuz fur Kriegshilfe'' (war merits cross for war aid), instituted by Kaiser Willhelm II on 5th December 1916, awarded for ''recognition of outstanding patriotic war aid service, regardless of rank or status''. A blackened alloy maltese cross suspended from a ribbon with a white background, with 7 vertical stripes, 5 black, 2 red (on each side). I would post a photograph of mine, but at this present moment I am unable to do so due to technical problems on the site !The letters on the front ''WR'' are Kaiser Willhelm II's personel cypher....''Willhelm Rex'' surmounted by the Prussian crown. The ribbon suspension ring is missing. I have recently found out that this award was subsequently surpressed in 1924, by the Weimar Republic.

There are actually two rings missing: A larger one holding the ribbon,
    and a smaller one that attaches it to the medal.

This is made of zinc, but I do not recall having seen one that was not.
    Regards,

Steve.

Here is a picture with the correct ribbon, i think these are a great looking medal and can still be got for 15 or 20 quid...the ribbon is just pined at the back...

All we know is that, at times, fighting the Russians, we had to remove the piles of enemy bodies from before our trenches, so as to get a clear field of fire against new waves of assault.
    Paul von Hindenburg
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cross Für Kriegsverdinesthilfe ??