MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Damaged EKII. Repairable?

Article about: Hello, all! My father gave me this medal which was found by one of the workers at our recycling facility. Unfortunately, it was not found until AFTER it went through the grinder. I assume th

?

Default Re: Damaged EKII. Repairable?

I suggest you send the old man back into the grinder to look for the rings!!!!

Just kidding, there doesn't appear to be a fresh shiny area where the ring was, it looks like the ring has been missing a little while so I would leave it as is.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Damaged EKII. Repairable?
    P
    Many

Thanks for the responses, gentlemen!

It looks like I'll be leaving the EKII as-is! However, I just purchased a replacement ribbon for the Italian WWI medal that was found yesterday. I love the fact that these medals were made w captured enemy bronze...

Damaged EKII. Repairable?Damaged EKII. Repairable?

It looks like I've put together a WWI medal collection on accident...

By the way----I believe that your cross was made by Carl Dilenius.
    If it had a ribbon ring, it would most likely be marked CD 800.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

I'd leave it. It has a patina and look that would be hard to do artificially with a replacement ring. What's done is done, and it wasn't your fault, so accept it as it is (I know that's probably hard to do!) At least it's not in the landfill now. Thanks for saving it.

Okey...I'll buck the trend and be the much maligned dissenter! Personally, I think I'd consider having a jeweler solder an 800 silver ring on it and add a ribbon to it.(silver tarnishes quickly enough-in time, you would hardly notice it) What is the worst thing that can happen? It would be ruined? Hey...it's already basically just a curio with little to no real value, so what have you got to lose? You might as well make it look like it should.
    So, there you go....huh? What's that? Why are you guys carrying those torches and tar buckets this way...uhh..oh oh...Hey! Put down that pitchfork...." Hmm.. 'Scuse me...gotta go...."
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Okey...I'll buck the trend and be the much maligned dissenter! Personally, I think I'd consider having a jeweler solder an 800 silver ring on it and add a ribbon to it.(silver tarnishes quickly enough-in time, you would hardly notice it) What is the worst thing that can happen? It would be ruined? Hey...it's already basically just a curio with little to no real value, so what have you got to lose? You might as well make it look like it should.
    So, there you go....huh? What's that? Why are you guys carrying those torches and tar buckets this way...uhh..oh oh...Hey! Put down that pitchfork...." Hmm.. 'Scuse me...gotta go...."
    RUN FRANK, RUN!

Just incase I decide to go this route, could you tell me what size ring(s) I'd need?

And this is JUST ONE re-cycle plant. Think of all the dumps/land-fills across the world that this has happened!!
    Anton

Joe, I would leave it as it is.
    There are many more out there and they are not expensive. It will probably cost more to have a ring silver soldered on than it is worth.
    Just my humble opinion,
    Ralph.
    P.S. Nice save, BTW!
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thanks, Ralph!

I value all of your opinions, guys! Thanks!

Damaged EKII. Repairable?Damaged EKII. Repairable?Damaged EKII. Repairable?Damaged EKII. Repairable?G'day Gizmo, I restored an iron cross awhile ago, there was a guy in the U.K i found on ebay that sold the suspension rings and ribbon rings made to spec.
    I had 2 jewellers look at it and neither wanted to tackle the job so i simply super-glued the ring back in place with out a problem.
    Cheers Phill

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast