Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Danziger Schild für treue Dienste - Einwohnerwehr - Freikorps

Article about: Hello, I am privately on a Danzig sign for loyal service, it is the same manufacturer as my Flaka badge. I searched the internet for a long time / forums but found only 2 comparable pieces a

Default Danziger Schild für treue Dienste - Einwohnerwehr - Freikorps

Hello, I am privately on a Danzig sign for loyal service, it is the same manufacturer as my Flaka badge. I searched the internet for a long time / forums but found only 2 comparable pieces and 1 forum post. The appearance and stamping were all identical. Rare badge, was awarded only a few times.

Who can confirm my opinion or who can say what about the actual value? Thank you for your support
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Danziger Schild für treue Dienste - Einwohnerwehr - Freikorps   Danziger Schild für treue Dienste - Einwohnerwehr - Freikorps  

Danziger Schild für treue Dienste - Einwohnerwehr - Freikorps   Danziger Schild für treue Dienste - Einwohnerwehr - Freikorps  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Danziger Schild für treue Dienste - Einwohnerwehr - Freikorps
    P
    Many

Rosenberg; I cannot tell you what it’s worth, but I can tell you something about the motto and the Einwohnerwehr. The motto, Nec Temere Nec Temide tanslates from Latin into English as “Neither Rashly nor Timid: and in German as, „Weder unbesonnen noch furchtsam.“ It is still the motto for Gedansk, formerly Danzig, and is used by several military units in the NATO countries.

The Einwohnerwehr, was a a Civil Guard or Civil Defense, that was a far-right paramilitary group in Weimar Germany that existed from 1919 until 1921. It was established with the goal of defending Germany against Communist uprisings and foreign attacks, though it was also hostile to the Weimar Republic. On 29 June 1921, the German government dissolved the Einwohnerwehr. My guess is that the badge you have is connected with May 1921 use of the Danzigereinwohnerwehr to put down a Polish uprising in the coal province of Upper Silesia. This link will take you to a site that has several of those badges to see.
    Danziger Einwohnerwehr - Google Search
    Dwight