Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Das Verdienstkreuz fur Kriegshilfe

Article about: Awarded to men & women for special merit connected with patriotic war aid. Instituted by King Wilhelm II of Prussia on 15 December 1916. First recipient (after the King himself) was Fiel

Default Das Verdienstkreuz fur Kriegshilfe

Awarded to men & women for special merit connected with patriotic war aid. Instituted by King Wilhelm II of Prussia on 15 December 1916. First recipient (after the King himself) was Field Marshall von Hindenburg.
    Pity my sample is sans ribbon and ring.
    Tom
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Das Verdienstkreuz fur Kriegshilfe   Das Verdienstkreuz fur Kriegshilfe  

Default Re: Das Verdienstkreuz fur Kriegshilfe

Tom, Blackened (grey zinc) ‘Kriegsmetall’ maltese cross with loop for ribbon suspension between the upper arms; the face with a circular central medallion bearing the crowned cipher of King Wilhelm II; the reverse with a circular central medallion inscribed ‘FÜR KRIEGS-HILFSDIENST’ (for War Aid Merit) above an oak wreath. As Tom says, the Cross was instituted by King Wilhelm II on 5 December 1916 to be awarded as a recognition of outstanding patriotic war aid service, regardless of rank or status. It was suppressed in 1924. Pity about the suspension rings/ribbon are missing, however still a good medal, they are still in abundance and cheap to purchase, going from approx £20-30. Heres mine.....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Das Verdienstkreuz fur Kriegshilfe   Das Verdienstkreuz fur Kriegshilfe  

Attached Images Attached Images Das Verdienstkreuz fur Kriegshilfe  Das Verdienstkreuz fur Kriegshilfe 

Default Re: Das Verdienstkreuz fur Kriegshilfe

Thanks, I got it for next to nothing really. Yours still looks good.
    Tom