Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Death card anniversary

Article about: This is one of a few German death cards which I have in my Imperial collection and I realized it has a sad hundred years anniversary right today so I decided to share it. Nowadays we can oft

?

Default Death card anniversary

This is one of a few German death cards which I have in my Imperial collection and I realized it has a sad hundred years anniversary right today so I decided to share it. Nowadays we can often read about the anniversaries of battles and similar "big" historical events, but I would like to show an example of an individual fate as well.
    If anyone has similar WW1 cards with an anniversary any addition will be cordially appreciated.

August 27, 1914

Josef Lechner, a private of the 13th Reserve Infantry Regiment, 6th Company, was fatally wounded when he was shot in the head during the battle of Lunéville. He succumbed to the injury a few days later at the age of 24 years. Lechner, a butcher's son, came from Straubing in Bavaria.

Death card anniversary

One of the many sad stories encountered in a war.
    May he rest in peace.
    Thanks for posting this Pavel. Nice of you to honor this fallen soldier in this way.
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Nice...
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

good time to post it,well done.

Puts militaria collecting in a different perspective :-/ may he rest in peace .
    Mfg
    Marc