Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

DEMAG trench knife/bajonet

Article about: Hi guys, Here is my second DEMAG trench knife. Same as the other one, except in a little better condition and with the other DEMAG- Duisburg stamping, divided by dots (not stars) and DRGM on

Damn, I should have bought yours too !! ;-))

Mfg
    Marc

And thanks for the info. Strange, I would have thought all the fakes would affect the originals in a positive direction :-/

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DEMAG trench knife/bajonet
    P
    Many

Greetings Marc,

I think it’s just a case of so many varying/differing fakes (some now quite old) and so many contradictions in what folks think right looks like that many assume (like a lot of militaria) what they are looking at is fake 90% of the time unless they take it out of an attic’s trunk themselves.

My favorite knives are the US WWI M1918 Mk. Is. I created a thread on another US based forum just to assist folks with some originals scaled for comparison M1918 Mk. I Trench Knife comparing originals to your “suspect” knife thread - EDGED WEAPONS REFERENCE - U.S. Militaria Forum There are so many fakes of those knives “out there” that it was something that needed doing.

With the German WWI Trench Knives there are so many differing styles and manufacturers it would be hard to do the same thing with all that are available. I’ll do intend to hit the DEMAG’s (EB 1s) and the Koller’s/Robert Klaas’ (EB 2s) at some point on my German/Austrian trench knives' thread. I just need find the time to get it written up and the blades photographed.

Regards,

Lance

Thanks Lance,

Looking forward ;/)

Mfg
    Marc

Nice one Marc.
    I still am looking for a ww1 German trench knife.
    You would think with my interest in ww1 and my
    love of blades, I would have one by know
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Yes, I would imagine that you had one :-/

I find knives very fascinating , but it wasn't anything I would collect. Not until I discovered these ! They almost make me shiver, when I get to think of their use !!!
    I used to think more on knives from an artistic point of view :-) I used to make a lot of them for the knife collecting scene, selling them mainly I France, but also some in the States :-)

About the trench knives, it is always difficult, when one get divided interests, that means divided funds :-(

Mfg
    Marc

My first real collecting interest was military knives.
    I started with bayonets when I was about 12 but I
    really like fighting knives. But the ones I want I can't
    afford. So I just wait patiently in hopes a good deal
    comes my way.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Always liked these. Very nice.

They were first faked 30 odd years ago now.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

40yrs Ade imo I'm afraid the acceptance mark isn't proof 100% either been that way for at least 30yrs to my knowledge.

Eric

Does not surprise me Eric.

I recall one coming into my friends shop one Saturday afternoon where I spent my mis-spent youth.... and he was very pleased to discover it was real even back then.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Ade I think I remember the first copies didn't come with a scabbard, blades had blunt edges? blimey thats going back abit course they were sold as reproductions then.

Eric

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast