Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Deutscher Kreiger Bund

Article about: Hi All, Im pretty sure I know what this is and I think from what ive found its pre/post WWI but it's the 'coin' attached to this one that has me intrigued. Ive seen them with all sorts attac

Default Deutscher Kreiger Bund

Hi All,

Im pretty sure I know what this is and I think from what ive found its pre/post WWI but it's the 'coin' attached to this one that has me intrigued. Ive seen them with all sorts attached but this one is odd.
    The catch seems to have been replaced as there is new solder on it.

Any help will be gratefully received

Cheers

Relic

Deutscher Kreiger Bund

Deutscher Kreiger Bund

Deutscher Kreiger Bund

Deutscher Kreiger Bund

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Deutscher Kreiger Bund
    P
    Many

Hi All

Im guessing it's got people stumped like me :-)

There is not much to say about it, really. What it is is pretty much spelled out on the wreath and the medal.

The top part consisting of the crown-swords-and scroll badge and the black-white-red wreath is the badge of the Deutscher Kriegerbund (DKB), which was a blanket organisation for veterans' associations. This badge was introduced in 1889 and used at least into the 1920s.

Ususally suspended from this - as is the case here as well - were the badges of the individual local associations that were part of the DKB. These pendants come in countless different styles, shapes and designs. (The most typical basic forms being crosses and circular medaillons, but shields, starbursts and other shapes were used as well.) This one is from a veterans' association from Bergisch Gladbach ["Kameradschaftliche Vereinigung zu Bergisch Gladbach 1878" = "Comradely Association of Bergisch Gladbach 1878"].

Many thanks, like I said I know what it is. It was just the coin hanging from it that I couldn't find any info on.

Thanks for the reply.....very interesting read