Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Do it yourself EK1 !

Article about: I guys, I bought this pile of parts from eBay the other day :-) a EK1, mm CD800, complete but with a broken of and tried to repair catch ( the catch is wrong). It seems that the cross came a

Nice rescue and repair job.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Do it yourself EK1 !
    P
    Many

Thanks a lot guys :-)
    Sorry the post looks a bit "messy", that was not the case on my cellphone, when I made it .

Mfg
    Marc

?

Thank you Marc for a very interesting post - you are a craftsman. I noted the neat clamps that you used during the soldering - are they something that you made or a special jeweler's tool?

I also wondered if, instead of using the grinder, it might have been possible to heat up the old solder and then wipe it off with a piece of wire wool? However, perhaps this would have still left a trace. In any case, your technique worked very well.

Regards,

Philip

?

Awesome job!
    I would also like to know about the little clamps used. Do you work on jewlery?

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Obviously a master of the torch. Nice work.

Good job Marc.
    You have more patience than me. I would have
    probably just displayed the pieces.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Beautiful restoration. It certainly pays to have the right tools for the job.
    Thanks for posting.
    Cheers Gary

?

Very interesting how it all works! & a good job done, so thank you very much for sharing Cheers Terry.

Quote by DrPMC View Post
    Thank you Marc for a very interesting post - you are a craftsman. I noted the neat clamps that you used during the soldering - are they something that you made or a special jeweler's tool? I also wondered if, instead of using the grinder, it might have been possible to heat up the old solder and then wipe it off with a piece of wire wool? However, perhaps this would have still left a trace. In any case, your technique worked very well. Regards, Philip
    Hi Philip and Phil,
    The small clamps i ude, are homemade special tools, mostly used for holding the mechanic on cuff links in place when soldering :-)
    I don't think it would be a good idear to remove the soft solder using heat and brush ! It would leave the piece covered in a layer of it ! And it is VERY important that all is removed !!!
    Yes, I am a professional jeweler :-) we have our own shop, but I used to take part in the fabrication of the Royal Danish Knights crosses .
    There is a link to my homepage at my profile ;-)
    Mfg
    Marc
    Ps total time spend on this project was 2 ours :-)

Hi,
    a preety hard project but and you have made a great job of it well done, thanks for putting the pics of the build on.
    Dave.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast