Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Double marked Imperial 1914 Eisernes Kreuz 2 Klasse

Article about: The other day I posted an EKII that was stamped on the Cross Ring with the letter U which could possibly be an inspection mark. This prompted me, as the weather was so bad today, to look thr

?

Default Double marked Imperial 1914 Eisernes Kreuz 2 Klasse

The other day I posted an EKII that was stamped on the Cross Ring with the letter U which could possibly be an inspection mark. This prompted me, as the weather was so bad today, to look through my collection of Imperial EKs in a hope of finding more of these marks.

It took a bit of time but was extremely rewarding. I can't remember when I last looked at every single one of them so closely, it really was great.

Anyway after looking very closely I found a few more of my EKs with what I can only assume are once again inspection marks on the Cross Ring. I really don't know how I missed them when I first purchased them, maybe I just concentrated on the cores and ring marks.

So here they are. I will show the makers Ring Stamp and the Cross Ring stamp.

Double marked Imperial 1914 Eisernes Kreuz 2 Klasse Double marked Imperial 1914 Eisernes Kreuz 2 Klasse

Double marked Imperial 1914 Eisernes Kreuz 2 Klasse Double marked Imperial 1914 Eisernes Kreuz 2 Klasse

I find these marks add to the mystery of these crosses and make them a little more special.

I would love to see more of these marks from your Imperial EK collections as they seem to be fairly varied.

Thanks for taking the time to look at these and hope to see more.

Ken

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Double marked Imperial 1914 Eisernes Kreuz 2 Klasse
    P
    Many

Nicely done.
    The best I can remember is that I have only one double marked Ek2.
    No I'm going to have to look at them all again.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.