Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Early Christmas Present: Prussian Paymaster Pickelhaube with field cover

Article about: Hello, This one came in today. An uncleaned Prussian Paymaster helmet plus a DRP marked cloth field cover. The family I bought this from lived in Germany in the 1950's and acquired it there.

Default Early Christmas Present: Prussian Paymaster Pickelhaube with field cover

Hello,

This one came in today. An uncleaned Prussian Paymaster helmet plus a DRP marked cloth field cover.

The family I bought this from lived in Germany in the 1950's and acquired it there.

Missing one officer star from the spike base. The silver fittings haven't been cleaned for decades, they have a heavy dark patina on them.

It's been a very lucky year for me finding helmets from families.

Best Regards,

Alan

Early Christmas Present: Prussian Paymaster Pickelhaube with field coverEarly Christmas Present: Prussian Paymaster Pickelhaube with field coverEarly Christmas Present: Prussian Paymaster Pickelhaube with field coverEarly Christmas Present: Prussian Paymaster Pickelhaube with field coverEarly Christmas Present: Prussian Paymaster Pickelhaube with field coverEarly Christmas Present: Prussian Paymaster Pickelhaube with field coverEarly Christmas Present: Prussian Paymaster Pickelhaube with field coverEarly Christmas Present: Prussian Paymaster Pickelhaube with field coverEarly Christmas Present: Prussian Paymaster Pickelhaube with field coverEarly Christmas Present: Prussian Paymaster Pickelhaube with field coverEarly Christmas Present: Prussian Paymaster Pickelhaube with field cover

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early Christmas Present: Prussian Paymaster Pickelhaube with field cover
    P
    Many

Very nice!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

That is a beauty!!!!! I guess that field cover has been keeping it nice looking.
    What is the meaning of the little Prussian eagle on the larger Prussian wappen?
    Awesome Christmas present.
    Semper Fi
    Phil
    Last edited by AZPhil; 12-20-2015 at 04:40 AM.

Hi, With God for King and Country!!!! This is nice. Very well preserved. Thank you for sharing these images of this great example.

Beautiful Helmet.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Very nice Alan!
    Congrats,
    I would like to add one of these to my collection one day.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

very nice indeed.

Thanks for your nice comments gentlemen, I appreciate it!

By AZPhil
    What is the meaning of the little Prussian eagle on the larger Prussian wappen?
    Excellent question Phil, thank you. It was used on the front plate/wappen to signify a Prussian Paymaster (on helmets configured like mine with silver fittings), and also on the front plate/wappen to signify a Prussian Administrative (Beamte) official on helmets that used a cruciform spike base on the top of the helmet, and the silver fittings.

Best Regards,

Alan

MAP
    ?

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Very nice Alan!
    Congrats,
    I would like to add one of these to my collection one day.
    Ralph.
    Same here! A notable hole in mine as well.

Alan: Beautiful!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Oh man that is a knockout!