Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Early Flying Helmet - German ???

Article about: Hello, I am new to this forum and hope that I have uploaded my photos in the correct manner. I am in the possession of an old leather flying helmet and wondered if any knowledgable person ou

Default Early Flying Helmet - German ???

Hello, I am new to this forum and hope that I have uploaded my photos in the correct manner. I am in the possession of an old leather flying helmet and wondered if any knowledgable person out there can assist in identifying it.
    The helmet is of leather, the main piece being light brown with the visor in burgandy, inernally from the neck piece upwards it appears to be fleece lined. The female studs have the letters O - ST - O - CK. The four studs on the front right have a type of flower (9 off) configuration on the flan. The stitching is good quality - says the better half

Best of all I have the pair of matching gloves, again coloured in light brown and burgandy, from the wrist downwards to the fingers, they appear to be fleece lined

Can anyone help with the ID ??

Regards Geoff B (UK)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early Flying Helmet - German ???   Early Flying Helmet - German ???  

Early Flying Helmet - German ???   Early Flying Helmet - German ???  

Early Flying Helmet - German ???   Early Flying Helmet - German ???  

?

They could also be driving gloves and helmet

I have also thought this, but I do not know what the four studs are for on the right side neck piece and the one stud on the left side - above the strap ?? The helmet is complete and undamaged.

Thanks Geoff

I like them, the gloves themselves appear to be Luftwaffe, I speculate the gauntlets may have been added later...These were worn extensively by Motorcyclists as well, often still worn postwar...but I see nothing out of the ordinary and your items compare very well with the Originals I have encountered here on the Forum and elsewhere...The buttons actually read STOCKO...A known Period Manufacturer...
    cheers, Glenn

Thank you for your help & knowledge Glenn, do you know if the helmet is Luftwaffe?

Regards Geoff

Hi Glenn, sorry I have only just seen the bottom of your message, it was not there before I did my previous reply.
    Geoff

There are members far more knowledgeable in LW-Gear than me, and I do hope we hear from them...It's an Original 1930-40s German Made Aviation/Motor Sport Helmet...I suspect this set-up was used by a motorcyclist rather than a Pilot, as a Pilot has no need for the Gauntlet-Extensions...
    cheers,Glenn

Thanks again, I'll keep my ears pinned back in the hope that one of the experts comes forward.
    Geoff