Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

early heer mess kit?

Article about: is this the kit also known as the 1910 pattern? it is lacking any marking. was this still used in the 1930`s and 1940`s by the german army? or is the black colour for paramilitary units or R

Default early heer mess kit?

is this the kit also known as the 1910 pattern? it is lacking any marking. was this still used in the 1930`s and 1940`s by the german army? or is the black colour for paramilitary units or RAD etc.? is this an item to display with ww2 items or strickly with imperial ones? i had the pictures taken with an ordinary mess kit to show the difference in size!
    opinions are more than welcomed : )
    Stig
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture early heer mess kit?   early heer mess kit?  

early heer mess kit?   early heer mess kit?  

early heer mess kit?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement early heer mess kit?
    P
    Many

From what I have read, the Heer also used this style mess kit, but most commonly used by para military units. Depending on what you are looking for, it would be a good place holder for either period. I would look more for a painted or enameled, dated example.
    Cheers,
    Henry

MAP
    ?

Check out this link to one I bought. Should fill you in on most of the details you are looking for.

Mess Kit - Unknown type

Regards,

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

i checked out the link. i know have real knowledge about these. i will try to get an M31 mess kit which is not mis-matched and perhaps with more paint on it than the one i have.
    Stig
    ps! i appreciate this.