Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Eisernes kreuz 2

Article about: Hi folks first thing in the post for 2018 arrived today what do you guys think of this 1 Thanks brian Sorry about sideway pics no idea how this happens as are right way round when uploaded

?

Default Eisernes kreuz 2

Hi folks first thing in the post for 2018 arrived today what do you guys think of this 1

Thanks brian
    Sorry about sideway pics no idea how this happens as are right way round when uploaded

Eisernes kreuz 2
    Eisernes kreuz 2
    Eisernes kreuz 2
    Eisernes kreuz 2
    Eisernes kreuz 2
    Last edited by rbminis; 01-02-2018 at 04:12 PM. Reason: Edited to orient photos.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes kreuz 2
    P
    Many

This one has an early sand cast core, the maker's mark looks like a "B" to me.
    The maker that used this stamp in unknown at this time, as far as I know.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Thanks for the reply Ralph do you think it is original ? It was actually a purchase from eBay and seller described it as a replica and I purchased it for £6.50 postage included the core is very loose it does measure 44mm by 44mm I can't see any lines to say it is of three piece construction though but saying that I have another where no lines are visible on three sides and only way I could tell that one was three piece is the fourth side is coming apart slightly on the corner the seller did reply and say he new nothing about the cross so stated it was a replica because of very loose core.

Quote by BRIOLF View Post
    the seller did reply and say he new nothing about the cross so stated it was a replica because of very loose core.
    That is what you like to hear.
    The cores should be loose, (some looser than others) but, as they are a three piece construction, it is not abnormal for the core to rattle a little.
    This one has good detail in the crown and a cast core so I doubt it is a copy.
    I'm sure Greg will chime in when he sees this thread.
    Ralph.
    Last edited by rbminis; 01-02-2018 at 06:57 PM.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Thanks Ralph appreciate your knowledgeable response

Brian

Great Cross Brian! When you get a chance, another round of pictures with better lighting.

I don't see anything that would make me think it is not an original.
    I am not familiar with the makers mark at all.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

A liitle dark pictures, bu this is a good cross . The maker could be possibly "S" (for Schneider in Leipzig)

regards
    Tomasz