Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse - A few new arrivals this week

Article about: Along with my EK1, I also had 3 EK2s delivered this week, I won them for \\$110 all in so won't complain. The makers marks on two are quite easy to make out on 2 of them, not so on the third.

Default Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse - A few new arrivals this week

Along with my EK1, I also had 3 EK2s delivered this week, I won them for $110 all in so won't complain.

The makers marks on two are quite easy to make out on 2 of them, not so on the third.

The first is W&S, which Ken reliably informs me is Wagner & Sohne, Berlin

The second, I think, is a P and that's where my knowledge ends.

The third, I have called it "square with a dot" for my own file as I can see no letter or symbol really.

"W&S"
    Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse - A few new arrivals this week Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse - A few new arrivals this week

"P"
    Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse - A few new arrivals this week Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse - A few new arrivals this week

"square with dot"

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse - A few new arrivals this week
    P
    Many

I've never seen the last 2 makers marks before.
    My guess is that they are partial stamps or have been miss stamped.
    Someone didn't get the die properly placed before smacking it with the hammer.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

?

A bargain bucket of EK's if ever I've seen one. 3 very nice crosses there Jamie. Love the patina on them

Could that be an R for E. Rosenthal & Sohn, instead of a P, just a thought and just thinking out load so to speak. I would need to check out a maker marked R core and beading to be sure, which I sadly don't have. There might be one on the forum though to check out.

Ken

Jamie,

A great group of EK's my friend! I concur with Greg's assessment on the third cross having a miss struck die. Well done!