Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

EK2 ribbons and hamburg ribbon?

Article about: So I bought these from Ebay. Both sellers said they were original/authentic. Are these EK2 ribbons not for the medal itself but for wearing on a uniform through a buttonhole? Or for ribbon b

Default EK2 ribbons and hamburg ribbon?

So I bought these from Ebay. Both sellers said they were original/authentic.

Are these EK2 ribbons not for the medal itself but for wearing on a uniform through a buttonhole? Or for ribbon bars? They appear to be just shy of 30mm.

Seller writes,

"FOR SALE TWO ORIGINAL WW1 GERMAN RIBBONS FOR EK II NICE AND IN GOOD CONDITION, COMPLETE, SHOWS AGE, UV TESTED- OK, LENGTH 16 cm OR 6,3" WIDTH 30mm . THEY WAS PURCHASED IN GERMANY FROM THE MAN WHO FOUND THEM IN A BASEMENT OF THE BUILDING IN A BOX, THERE WAS MANY OF THEM, ALREADY CUTTED THIS WAY TO USE THEM ON THE UNIFORMS OR WITH EK2."

What do you think?

According to the seller they passed the UV light inspection, but when I put them to the burn test the EK2 thread bound a small portion of itself up into a tiny hard ball. (Can likely be seen in the photo)

The Hamburg crosses' ribbon thread dissolved utterly.

-JW

EK2 ribbons and hamburg ribbon?EK2 ribbons and hamburg ribbon?EK2 ribbons and hamburg ribbon?EK2 ribbons and hamburg ribbon?EK2 ribbons and hamburg ribbon?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement EK2 ribbons and hamburg ribbon?
    P
    Many

any opinions? thoughts?

This might be a help--
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture EK2 ribbons and hamburg ribbon?   EK2 ribbons and hamburg ribbon?  

gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Thanks! Taking a look now

Ok so they're fake... both edges are not similar but have a different look to them and I counted 12 ribs per centimeter on each side... The burn test was also pretty conclusive as the ribbon curled up into a hard plastic-esque ball.

Firing up ebay and contacting the seller now

Thanks for the help!

?

"Caveat Emptor"... Gwar

?

JamesWatson.. I am sorry to hear that you may have been duped.. I happens to all of us ... Trust me..
    The best thing to do in my opinion is join this great site..
    Not only will you get informative advice on future purchases, you may save money in the great scope of things.. I do not know what you have paid for the ribbons... But, here at least you have a first hand source before paying out $$ for nothing.. My membership has saved me literally hundred of dollars and the advice brought forth is a treasure trove no matter what you collect.. It also helps offset the cost to actively maintain a great resource of knowledge.. Cordially yours..Gwar