Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

EKI need to know if its OK

Article about: just got this1st class today it looks wrong, its 44 mm across,the 2nd class is 47 mm no markings on the 1st class posted already but want to know if its bad cheers.

Default EKI need to know if its OK

just got this1st class today it looks wrong, its 44 mm across,the 2nd class is 47 mm no markings on the 1st class posted already but want to know if its bad cheers.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture EKI  need to know if its OK   EKI  need to know if its OK  

EKI  need to know if its OK   EKI  need to know if its OK  

EKI  need to know if its OK  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement EKI  need to know if its OK
    P
    Many

Default Re: EKI need to know if its OK

I will go out on a limb here and say good.

First off, 44mm would indicate it is a Third Reich era private purchase replacement piece. Nothing to worry about there.

Now moving onto the cross itself. I think it has had a hard life and saw a fair bit of use and lost it's original black paint. It was then repainted and then in turn this was stripped off and the whole thing then badly cleaned.

Thoughts Gents?

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

I commented on it in the first thread where it was posted

I concur with Ade...nice well used (or should that be abused!) EK I, slightly vaulted...Post war piece (thats WW1).
    Prost ! Steve.