Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

EKII & Braunschweigisches Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2 klasse for combatants on 3 piece bar

Article about: Two new arrivals today to my medal bar collection, this being the first one to be posted. I have done a little research on the Braunschweigisches Kriegsverdienstkreuz which hopefully is corr

?

Default EKII & Braunschweigisches Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2 klasse for combatants on 3 piece bar

Two new arrivals today to my medal bar collection, this being the first one to be posted.

I have done a little research on the Braunschweigisches Kriegsverdienstkreuz which hopefully is correct:

The Brunswick War Merit Cross, (Braunschweigisches Kriegsverdienstkreuz) was also know as the Ernst-Augustkreuz, was a decoration of the Duchy of Brunswick. The award was established on the 23rd October 1914 by Ernest Augustus the Duke of Brunswick. The cross was awarded for distinction in war to all ranks. A pin backed 1st class cross was established on the 20th March 1918 which then made this suspended version the 2nd class award. Establishing a 1st class version of the Brunswick Cross brought the award in line with other German states like Prussia with the Eisernes Kreuz (Iron Cross). The cross was awarded in two versions, that being the Combatants cross (Blue ribbon with yellow stripes) and Non-combatants (Yellow ribbon with blue stripes). The cross is made of Bronze.

The Ehrenkreuz für Frontkämpfer is maker marked O & B for Ochs & Bonn, Hanau.

I've yet to determine the maker of the EK as I am unable to see the ribbon ring.

The bar to me looks like it could be home made parade mounted but I could be wrong.
    Still it has a lot of character and I can see a very proud veteran wearing this in my minds eye and quite rightly too.

I hope you like it as much as I

Ken

EKII & Braunschweigisches Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2 klasse for combatants on 3 piece bar EKII & Braunschweigisches Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2 klasse for combatants on 3 piece bar

EKII & Braunschweigisches Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2 klasse for combatants on 3 piece bar EKII & Braunschweigisches Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2 klasse for combatants on 3 piece bar

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement EKII & Braunschweigisches Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2 klasse for combatants on 3 piece bar
    P
    Many

?

As I am unable to see the Suspension ring on this EK I have had a look through my collection in an attempt to identify the maker. I have never been really good at determining unmarked Imperial EK's but as I move forward I am determined to learn and get better at this. It also means that I can at some point be of more help to others on the forum.

I have spent a little time between working my shifts looking at this and think, not totally sure, that this could be a KO cross ( Klein of Oberstein). I could be wrong. If I am wrong I will continue to look at my collection and study other Imperial EK's on the forum to continue my search.

If I am correct could a fellow Imperial enthusiast confirm my findings, I may be miles out but that's the process I need to learn more about.

Here is another KO cross from my collection which I think could be a match

Ken,

What a lovely addition! I too, love the medal bars and have not made the cross over if you will to collecting them. They are beautiful in their own right and certainly tell a more elaborate story as to where the soldier was from and to what awards where awarded during his/her Service.

Now, as far as your Ek is concerned, I think at first glance you have a match to be a KO manufactured cross. However, it may be me not having enough coffee thinking the crown on your medal bar EK is a little more ornate. I'm curious to know once Greg logs on to see his thoughts on this one.

None the less, congratulations my friend on another fine acquisition.!

Regards,

Joel

?

Thank you Joel, I really am into these bars now. The EK is still the star for me but I also love the other awards from the many states.
    Ken