Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Enameled Iron Cross....opinions wanted

Article about: thought i had posted this earlier,maybe i didnt afterall...well here it is again,,,1" in diameter ,enameled with center piece of Kaiser Wilhelm and Emperor Franz Joseph,,,what is the oc

Default Enameled Iron Cross....opinions wanted

thought i had posted this earlier,maybe i didnt afterall...well here it is again,,,1" in diameter ,enameled with center piece of Kaiser Wilhelm and Emperor Franz Joseph,,,what is the occasion,if any and what value if any,,,thanks,,Robert
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Enameled Iron Cross....opinions wanted   Enameled Iron Cross....opinions wanted  

Default Re: Enameled Iron Cross....opinions wanted

Commemorative piece ? Watchfob ?
    Regards,

Steve.

Default Re: Enameled Iron Cross....opinions wanted

Robert, its a "Patriotic" piece, commonly sold on the home front and at canteens in the rear to both civilians and soldiers alike, in both countries, Germany and Austro-Hungary, it doesnt commorate a specific event but rather "celebrates" the alliance, at the time, 1914 (Bulgaria & Turkey were not yet involved) of the two great powers going to war against the nations of the Entente Cordial. It is a nice piece, but not worth a great deal. IMO approx $30-$50. Used for a variety of reasons, jewelry,watch fob, keepsake, good luck token, etc,etc.
    Prost! Steve.