Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Feldtelefon des Kaiserlichen Deutschen Heeres (Feldfernsprecher, Modell 190)

Article about: Some time it pays looking at threads your not realy intrested in... I was browsing a site showing WWI post cards; untill i came on a PC showing a soldier in the trenches holding a telephone

?

Default Re: Feldtelefon des Kaiserlichen Deutschen Heeres (Feldfernsprecher, Modell 190)

Kris,

I have an example of this hand-piece and the felt pads were often eaten away so badly over the years (moths love them) that the remnants are often removed to make the piece look better. Mine still has the dark blue felt pad, but it has a few moth nips. It's 2:30 a.m. here, so perhaps I can copy the title page of that manual tomorrow. There are several pages regarding this phone.

If you are interested in WWI communications equipment, there is an excellent site at this URL address, which is hosted by a well known authority on the subject who lives in France. Click on "menu".

menu

Regards,
    CCMJR

Default Re: Feldtelefon des Kaiserlichen Deutschen Heeres (Feldfernsprecher, Modell 190)

Great site! Glad to see "the pad", finally!!
    Thanks.
    cheers
    |<ris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

?

Spandau,

Here is the drawing from the field manual. The block letter wording has been added by a German collector. Only the gothic script is from the manual.

CCMJR

Feldtelefon des Kaiserlichen Deutschen Heeres (Feldfernsprecher, Modell 190)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2