Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Felt Pickelhaube Real Or Fake

Article about: Hi all, I posted this in a different section, but, I think the wrong one. So please bear with me and I hope this one is correct. I bought a Felt Pickelhaube for \\$60 yesterday and was wonderi

gjw
    ?

Default Felt Pickelhaube Real Or Fake

Hi all, I posted this in a different section, but, I think the wrong one. So please bear with me and I hope this one is correct. I bought a Felt Pickelhaube for $60 yesterday and was wondering if it was real or a fake. Here are some better pics of it BTW

The felt material is quite hard not soft at all, there is s very faint ink inscription that you can't read.

So....real or fake?

Also, what type of unit would this helmet be used for?

And, lastly, what would the value be for a helmet in this condition?

Thanks so much as always!

Greg

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Felt Pickelhaube Real Or Fake
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

I'm no pro on these but it looks good to me. Don't want to be proven wrong as it is so nice.

Let's see what others say!

Can't help on value. It is my understanding that these are Ersatz (substitute) examples that were made due to the dwindling supplies of leather and the need for more helmets. They came out around 1915'ish and weren't used that long as in 1916, all the 'Haubs were replaced by the M16 Helmet. So ....no specific unit that I'm aware of.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hello and welcome to the forum!
    We do not allow the use of outside photo hosting sites here.
    Please follow the instructions in this thread to upload your photos correctly to the forum server.
    Visual Guide to Upload Photos
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hi Greg,

Yes, it's real, as I had posted on German Helmet Walhalla, and written to you on their message system about.

Good to see you found your way over here.

German infantry wore this helmet.

As Ralph says, it's best to upload the photos directly here. Simply save your photos on your computer hard drive, and upload them directly here. Don't use that Imgur hosting site. Once you remove the photos from Imgur, this thread becomes useless because the photos disappear.

I also told you the price range for your helmet when I communicated with you on GHW earlier this evening.

It's a very nice helmet, but sadly the value is hurt considerably because the liner is missing, which I did not know. I'd consider it a couple hundred less than what I told you earlier this evening from the top dollar range I shared with you because the liner is gone.

Congratulations on a great find in an antique shop in North Dakota for a mere $60. You did well indeed.

Best Regards,

Alan

P.S. Greg, can you post a photo of the faint marking on the underside of the back visor. I'll try to give it a try to see if I can decipher the issuing depot marking or the regiment marking, whichever it might be. It's possible it might only be a size number, or a date that is faintly visible. We won't know until we see a good shot of the mark. Thanks again!

Alan

?

Wow!! That felt has been taken care of. The exterior doesn't even look slightly soiled .
    You scored big time with the Price Alan mentioned.
    Get yourself a chin strap and Kockards and you won't even be able to tell the liners missing with it displayed on a head mannequin.
    Great score!!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

gjw
    ?

Thank you all for the very kind words and great info.....it's very much appreciated! Thanks again to you Al for all the info you provided me.

Does anyone know a source for a chin straps and cockades?

Thanks again do much!

Greg

MAP
    ?

Original chinstraps will be almost impossible to find in the condition that is needed to match the helmet.

Local shows might be a place to look as well as eBay. But get anything on EBay verified first. More fakes than real items.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Please follow the instructions provided and upload your photos correctly.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

To me this piece looks good. The Wappen (helmet plate) is for a grenadier regiment. GR 2,3,5,6,8,10,11,&12 all wore this plate. Very nice helmet.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast