Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

A few stirnpanzers

Article about: What can I say? I just can’t control myself when I see a stirnpanzer… Adler

?

Default A few stirnpanzers

What can I say? I just can’t control myself when I see a stirnpanzer…

Adler

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A few stirnpanzers
    P
    Many

Its not often that these frontal shields are encountered. To this day many collectors only recognize just the helmet with the knobs sticking out..never giving much thought of what they were used for.
    2 Questions that have to be asked:

1. Were all of these trench helmets when issued ...I would assume, that they also came with this frontal armor,,
    2. Were these used for machine gunners..or just to peek over the trench so not to get shot in the head?

I had once of these helmets at one time..and now I wish I never parted with it. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I had one in the past, and the elephant mask, now hard to find and you have all the pieces !!!!!
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

?

Incredible display
    MG's trench snipers etc they were very unpopular and usually ended up littered all over trench systems, being just too heavy. I've one at the moment together with its prototype helmet formerly Collins Foundation.

Eric

?

Lovely sight.

OMG !

MFG
    Marc

Did they actually Work, I wonder?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

A stunning collection but please use the integral forum picture upload system or we shall lose these pictures making the thread useless to those who read it later and wonder why there aer no pictures

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

I believe they were not a personal issue item, rather each company were issued a number of them and they were only used as needed....

I've never seen so many in one spot before.

Very nice.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast