Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

A few stirnpanzers

Article about: What can I say? I just can’t control myself when I see a stirnpanzer… Adler

?

Thanks for your comments guys!

Glenn, I would rather like this sobering experience then having a hole in my head...
    Dean, One day you'll meet one with your name on it!
    Lokvar, I only collect German, so I don't have (need) one... yet...

Adler

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A few stirnpanzers
    P
    Many

Hi Karel,

Here's photos of the stirnpanzer that I was able to photograph a couple of years ago.

I haven't taken any photos yet of the Austrian Berndorfer helmet with the special "stirnpanzer" that fits on it. When I do, I'll be certain to post them here.

Best Regards,

Alan

A few stirnpanzersA few stirnpanzersA few stirnpanzersA few stirnpanzersA few stirnpanzersA few stirnpanzers

?

Thank you for contributing to this thread Alan!

Adler

?

Just saw this thread and liked it very much. Thought i'd add a few pics which you may not have seen before..... Yes i would think that they worked!! This is almost a direct frontal hit, only a slight upward angle to the shot.

A few stirnpanzersA few stirnpanzersA few stirnpanzersA few stirnpanzersA few stirnpanzers

Quote by Adler View Post
    Yes, they did. The stirnpanzer was meant to have less head injuries, which could also be caused by pieces of schrapnel and other debris. When taking a frontal hit of a bullet, it was very likely that it would penetrate the stirnpanzer and the helmet, but I suppose when the bullet hits under an angle, it was probably just deflected...
    Adler

Always wanted a " Stirnpanzer" for my WW1 German helmet.. they must be expensive though.

?

Just saw this thread and liked it very much. Thought i'd add a few pics which you may not have seen before..... Yes i would think that they worked!! This is almost a direct frontal hit, only a slight upward angle to the shot.
    That's indeed an amazing proof of the effectiveness of a stirnpanzer! It may not have saved the wearer every time, but it improved the chances to survive... Thanks for posting these pictures.

Adler

?

I haven't managed to find one of these for myself yet, but here's hoping! I've always loved just how 'ww1' the stirnpanzer is, both sides trying to find any sort of innovation or new design to give their soldiers the edge. Thanks for sharing your pics Segel!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3