Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Fighting Knife ?

Article about: I don't really know if this is the right area for this but I thought I'd cast a wide net while trying to ID this one. I thought it might be a British Fairbairn Sykes with a replaced grip, or

Default Fighting Knife ?

I don't really know if this is the right area for this but I thought I'd cast a wide net while trying to ID this one. I thought it might be a British Fairbairn Sykes with a replaced grip, or as another member suggested possibly a German/Austrian fighting knife. I've posted it in the TR forum too.

Thanks folks.

Fighting Knife ?Fighting Knife ?Fighting Knife ?Fighting Knife ?Fighting Knife ?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fighting Knife ?
    P
    Many

I tend to agree with the F-S theory
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

I think the blade is too wide for the length to be an FS blade.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thanks for looking guys, it is a bit of a mystery. I'll measure it up when I get home and see if that can be of any use.

I don't think it was a FS dagger to start with IMO.

Quote by rbminis View Post
    I think the blade is too wide for the length to be an FS blade.
    Ralph.
    I noticed that as well and figured the the tip had been broken
    and then the blade reshaped. Not that unusual for a FS knife.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

The shape of the grip is beginning to make me wonder about it being German now. It looks like it's trying to emulate an SA/SS dagger grip in shape, perhaps field made by an ex SA man? Just thinking out loud. I'm fairly sure the grip is a hand made addition.

MAP
    ?

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    The shape of the grip is beginning to make me wonder about it being German now. It looks like it's trying to emulate an SA/SS dagger grip in shape, perhaps field made by an ex SA man? Just thinking out loud. I'm fairly sure the grip is a hand made addition.
    Lol!!! I was thinking the same thing the other day when I read your post. Was going to joke that it was a rare 100% original SA variant being sold by S*y*d*rs Treasures

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Micheal I love the quotes in your sig. I worry about the first one myself, and the second one I hear regularly

MAP
    ?

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    Micheal I love the quotes in your sig. I worry about the first one myself, and the second one I hear regularly
    Thanks! Glad you like them. I think they are classic and SO true.

My wife gives me one room in the house (a small one at that). How much I spend, she doesn't care (as long as retirement and college funds are funded first!!!) Being a CPA/Tax Accountant she's no dummy and didn't buy my "story" of how these only go up in value, hence her quote!!!

As far as the first quote, I now keep a list of all my items, how much I spent, what they are in a nice fireproof safe (to be opened by her when I'm gone )

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)