Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Flieger Mannschaft Shoulder Straps

Article about: Hello Tim, In case you would like a comparison, here is my example. They're not identical, but other than pairs, no two of my nine pieces are. Regards, CCMJR

Default Flieger Mannschaft Shoulder Straps

Good Evening/Morning Ladies and Gentlemen

While this is my first Post, I have been a long term lurker and finally obtained the courage to make myself known. I look forward to a long and fruitful association with this Forum where so many of you have such a huge wealth of experience in a variety of subjects.

What do I collect? Well to be honest I collect both antique clocks and Netsuke.

However, I have had a long time interest in History and in fact did a double major in both Geography and History while at University and ultimately (in an earlier reincarnation) was a History teacher. Both WW1 and WW2 have interested me for as long as I can remember, and after purchasing some items recently, I have really become quite passionate concerning WW1 German Aviation (well at least I would like to, providing I can find genuine articles). Two things I have discovered since I began lurking here are: that it is better to ask a seemingly foolish question than not and consequently part with hard earned money....and secondly, invest in a book or twenty (mine are on their way).

Which in a round about way brings me to my question. I have discovered a pair of Flieger Mannschaft Shoulder Straps. However, they are not quite like others that I have seen (including those at Kaiser's Bunker). They are described as being dark gray rather than Feldgrau and the winged propellers are not of a type I have seen. I have (hopefully) uploaded the images and humbly request your opinions - do they date from the First World War?

Cheers
    Tim
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Flieger Mannschaft Shoulder Straps   Flieger Mannschaft Shoulder Straps  

Attached Images Attached Images Flieger Mannschaft Shoulder Straps  Flieger Mannschaft Shoulder Straps 

Default Re: Flieger Mannschaft Shoulder Straps

Welcome aboard Tim.
    I know absolutely nothing about cloth items but I am sure
    someone will come along shortly who does.

again----Welcome
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Thanks Greg...BTW - have an R65, '78. Kinda love it.

Cheers

?

I don't know if this makes any difference, but I noticed the #1's are different on both and also the field grey don't seem to match up. Not sure if they are mismatched or poor quality copies. Just a simple observation , not condemnation. I've seen the winged prop used as something to do with the SS and flight. And BTW, welcome to the forum.
    Dean.

Thanks Dean. Not overly concerned about the colour difference - I think it maybe attributed to the light, though the right one does appear to be darker and the the light seems to be coming from that direction...... good pick up on the number though. Having said this - could it be because of the angle?

Cheers

?

Not sure, it's difficult to judge something by pics alone. In hand examination is always best. I found an image on google images with a similar design . I've seen collar tabs with the winged prop before in period pics as well. With such rare items, it's very dangerous to jump in without dedicated research. I was recently interested in a pair of LAH panzer, or arty shoulder boards, hard to say. They were pretty convincing to me due to the look and ageing, but I posted them here and they were deemed fake because of the lack of quality demanded by the SS.
    Attached Images Attached Images Flieger Mannschaft Shoulder Straps 

Yes - that is what worries me. The wings are a lot more detailed than the one I posted and the 'fatter' sections go down instead of up. That and the fact there seems to be a 'hole' in the center of the one's I believe to be period. Thanks for going to the extent that you have.

It would be disappointing to say the least if they were not the 'real deal' - they come from a reputable site.

Cheers

?

Please take my observation as such, not a definitive answer on originality ,just what I see.

No, no - I appreciate the input Dean.

Cheers

Quote by Allegra View Post
    Thanks Greg...BTW - have an R65, '78. Kinda love it.

Cheers
    Those Beemers are great bikes.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast