Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Franz Joseph - Ordens medals with case

Article about: I recently became owner of a collection of Military pieces including this item. I would love to know more about it and perhaps find a place to authenticate it here in the Los Angeles area. T

Default Franz Joseph - Ordens medals with case

I recently became owner of a collection of Military pieces including this item. I would love to know more about it and perhaps find a place to authenticate it here in the Los Angeles area. Thank you in advance for your help.

Franz Joseph - Ordens medals with caseFranz Joseph - Ordens medals with caseFranz Joseph - Ordens medals with caseFranz Joseph - Ordens medals with caseFranz Joseph - Ordens medals with caseFranz Joseph - Ordens medals with caseFranz Joseph - Ordens medals with caseFranz Joseph - Ordens medals with caseFranz Joseph - Ordens medals with caseFranz Joseph - Ordens medals with caseFranz Joseph - Ordens medals with caseFranz Joseph - Ordens medals with caseFranz Joseph - Ordens medals with caseFranz Joseph - Ordens medals with caseFranz Joseph - Ordens medals with caseFranz Joseph - Ordens medals with caseFranz Joseph - Ordens medals with caseFranz Joseph - Ordens medals with caseFranz Joseph - Ordens medals with caseFranz Joseph - Ordens medals with caseFranz Joseph - Ordens medals with caseFranz Joseph - Ordens medals with caseFranz Joseph - Ordens medals with caseFranz Joseph - Ordens medals with caseFranz Joseph - Ordens medals with caseFranz Joseph - Ordens medals with caseFranz Joseph - Ordens medals with caseFranz Joseph - Ordens medals with caseFranz Joseph - Ordens medals with caseFranz Joseph - Ordens medals with caseFranz Joseph - Ordens medals with caseFranz Joseph - Ordens medals with case

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Franz Joseph - Ordens medals with case
    P
    Many

It's an Austrian Franz Josef Order Grand Cross made by V. Mayer and Son of Vienna. Grand Commander's Breast Star. It looks to be missing the Neck Badge in the 2 piece set. It would have hung on the red neck ribbon. The smaller medal does not belong in the case with the breast star. You may try comparing the star to one of several on this website https://www.emedals.com. The case is differently marked from one that is was sold https://www.emedals.com/order-of-franz-joseph-eu0016 .Unfortunately, I am not conversant with Imperial orders so can only point you in a likely direction to research it abit more. A shame the Neck Badge is missing-a complete set is worth a good bit of money. As it is, the Commander's Breast Star is still valuable-as would be the case by itself. Whether this piece is genuine, it is almost impossible to say from the photographs, but it is definitely worth the trouble to have it examined.
    Last edited by Wagriff; 03-26-2017 at 11:59 AM.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I agree completely with William.
    While I do not collect Austrian awards, I do know that A-H awards are some of
    the best looking of that era and that some of the higher awards are most certainly
    collectable and valuable. It does deserve to be researched further.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Thank you both for the information.

Hi,

your case is of Grand Cross - this is not the same as Commander Cross Both breast stars are very similiar, but Grand Cross should be ca. 90 mm, and Commander about 70 mm. The medal is Signum Laudis (for Military Merit), but from a little later period, with Emperor Carl's portait (1917-1918).

greetings
    Tomasz