Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Gallipoli Stars x 2

Article about: by Horst Great information : heres the Half-moon in wear by Grandpa. Horst Horst, Nice bit of familly history, fantastic that you can relate back to the award within your own familly. Jock

Default Re: Gallipoli Stars x 2

Quote by Horst View Post
    Great information : heres the Half-moon in wear by Grandpa.

Horst
    Horst,

Nice bit of familly history, fantastic that you can relate back to the award within your own familly.

Jock

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Gallipoli Stars x 2
    P
    Many

Quote by darrenj40 View Post
    Great stars guys,
    i wouldnt mind, putting one of them in my colletion....
    Darren,

I have seen one listed, I will try and find the dealers site again for you. It is the BB&Co and looks to be original. Problem is the price was outrageous at £250 or so I think anyway!

Jock

Quote by jock auld View Post
    Darren,

I have seen one listed, I will try and find the dealers site again for you. It is the BB&Co and looks to be original. Problem is the price was outrageous at £250 or so I think anyway!

Jock
    Darren,

Cancel last, there are tons of them out there prices various.

You should be able to find one easily with a google.

Jock

darrenj40, jock auld is correct, the price on these stars vary wildly from around £90 to £250 right up to £1000! (on a Bulgarian website)......theres a nice original one (German version) on E-Bay at the moment for £95. Talking about the German version, i have recently unearthed more information on the popular maker of the star 'BB & Co', they are not a Berlin based firm as previously suggested, but it stands for 'Binder Bruder & Company' from Ludenscheid.

Thanks jock and oradour, for your encouragement and
    for your help,i have been offline for 6 days, and just send off an order for some soviet medals...and you know the saying " So many medals, So little money".
    And i am sure, when the time comes, to selecting a Gillipoli Star, for the collection, i can rely on you two gentlemen, for guidance...
    thanks again guys, for the pistures and the information..
    darrenj40..

Demoralize the enemy from within by surprise, terror, sabotage, assassination. This is the war of the future.
    A.h.

No harm in bumping an old thread I suppose;

I have always liked these for historical and aesthetic reasons and have had one of the Turkish original (aka Nasty ) type since my youth which had some (what I realise now, decent) finish that I cleaned off (vandalised) in my teens thinking I was "restoring" it

I have now added a German (nicer) version and show it here now for reference. I was holding out for a real silver one but this one which is silver plated tombak was too good to resist
    It has a small shadow under the enamel at the 7 O-clock position but the enamel is completely intact and the shadow is only obvious under magnification. There is a slight show of the tombak base metal on the high points especially the ridge of the crescent moon which I think adds to the overall appearance.

I am pleased with the addition and think it will be the only one but realise that I now have to dig out the zinc original from my boxes and if anyone can point me towards a decent original ribbon I would appreciate it.

Regards

Mark

Gallipoli Stars x 2Gallipoli Stars x 2
    Last edited by Watchdog; 06-03-2017 at 07:41 AM. Reason: typo
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

Here are a couple of stars from my collection, one German and one Turkish (with ribbon). Sorry that they need a little cleaning. Gallipoli Stars x 2
    Gallipoli Stars x 2

Horst Would you send me some great pictures of your Gallipoli Star for my private archive?

Pictures of your nice grandfathers piece and the photograph?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2