Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

German Aviation Badge

Article about: Hello, Can you tell me if my badge is genuine or at what period it was made? Thank you Greetings Laurent Uploaded with ImageShack.us Uploaded with ImageShack.us Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Default German Aviation Badge

Hello,
    Can you tell me if my badge is genuine or at what period it was made?
    Thank you
    Greetings
    Laurent

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Aviation Badge
    P
    Many

Default Re: German Aviation Badge

I'm not keen Laurent, the definition on this Imperial Naval Pilots badge is poor, especially on the oaks and ribbon. I think these were originally gold plated. I know that badges of this Junker style are heavily faked, so I would be wary. Let's see what others say.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I actually like it

ned is correct its a modern fake sorry

Quote by talltom View Post
    ned is correct its a modern fake sorry
    Hi Tom, I would be interested to know why you think that

Just for my learning

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

One thing I've noticed after looking at fakes of these just now is that they nearly all appear to have a crown with the half moon and hallmark, and yours, as per originals does not. The recess in which the hinge is set nearly always has a die flaw on the bottom right of the hollow if it is a fake. It's just to hard to see if it's there in the photo. If it's not then the badge may be original, but I can't be 100% sure if I'm honest.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    One thing I've noticed after looking at fakes of these just now is that they nearly all appear to have a crown with the half moon and hallmark, and yours, as per originals does not. The recess in which the hinge is set nearly always has a die flaw on the bottom right of the hollow if it is a fake. It's just to hard to see if it's there in the photo. If it's not then the badge may be original, but I can't be 100% sure if I'm honest.

Regards, Ned.
    Hello,
    Thank you for your answer big ned, but there is no flaw on the bottom right of the hollow.
    Regards
    Laurent