Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

german helmet

Article about: Hello Gentlemen! Do you know who weared this helmet? is it rare helmet? Regards W.

Default german helmet

Hello Gentlemen!
    Do you know who weared this helmet? is it rare helmet?
    Regards
    W.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture german helmet   german helmet  

german helmet   german helmet  

german helmet   german helmet  

Last edited by wunderwafe; 09-25-2017 at 10:32 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement german helmet
    P
    Many

?

There are markings on the underside of the front visor trim, could you please post what is stamped there? There is much to be said about this helmet, unfortunately not a lot of it good.
    The body of the helmet appears to be for a Kürassier regiment, there were 3 Prussian and 2 Saxon regiments with helmets made is this type of metal (Tombak). I'm not too sure about the originality the helmet, as the quality of construction does not appear to be up to standards (although, this maybe just due to the poor condition of the helmet). None of the regiments that had the Tombak helmet wore a brass dragon Wappen (helmet plate). All Tombak helmets had silver fittings. The spike is of the pattern for an infantry officer and would not be on this type of helmet. The Reich's Kokarde (red, white, and black, on right side) is an officers, while the Preußen (Prussian) Kokarden is for an NCO. I have never seen anything like the brass disks that are holding the Korarden to the helmet, on an original helmet.
    Sorry if this not you were hoping to hear.

I agree it does appear to have been messed about with, perhaps by some biker back in the 1970's. Those fixings make it look as though it has been put together for effect rather than by design. The I think is original as is the Schako plate but it has been combined later, so not accurate or wholly original, price should be reflected in this.

There are alot of copy helmets like this made in India