Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

German Imperial Medals

Article about: Good Evening, I posted these in the Third Reich section but was told these are WW1 Era decorations. Im new to the forum and was recently handed down a tin full of medals, some are obvious re

Default German Imperial Medals

Good Evening,
    I posted these in the Third Reich section but was told these are WW1 Era decorations. Im new to the forum and was recently handed down a tin full of medals, some are obvious replicas and some I really can't tell. I was hoping someone could give me some information on the medals I've included in the pictures!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Imperial Medals   German Imperial Medals  

German Imperial Medals   German Imperial Medals  

German Imperial Medals   German Imperial Medals  

German Imperial Medals  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Imperial Medals
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

With what little I know of these a quick google search noted that the "Dem Vaterlande Treu" award is a pre-ww1 Prussian war merit medal.

As for the Iron Cross. Check out this link

https://www.derrittmeister.com/orders2.htm

And the Fur Treue Im Verein is a 25 year Veterans medal.

Here is an example (different type)

Imperial German and WWII Collectibles by Brandywine Militaria

This should help you in your search. Maybe others have more info. Not my area of study so I can't authenticate them.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

The cross in the case is the 1914 Mecklenburg-Schwerin Military Merit Cross 2nd Class, though it looks like the gold finish has faded a bit. I'm afraid I can't comment on it's authenticity. (The example below is from the Collectors Guild (The Collector's Guild)).

I'm pretty sure the case isn't original to the award as it has a 1914 iron cross on (though it still could be from the same period).

Hope that helps!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Imperial Medals  

Hi,

This with inscription "Dem Vaterlande treu" is a so called Patriotic Cross, not an official award. Pos. 1383 in Nimmergut's book "Abezeichen und Auszeichnungen Deutscher Kriegervereine"

Here an example, mounted on pin:

https://www.ebay.at/itm/Altes-Abzeic...c/112747470504

greetings
    Tomasz
    Last edited by tompress; 01-13-2018 at 08:47 AM. Reason: spelling corrections

thanks guys for all the replies. I would like to try and get authentic ribbons for the decorations, any ideas where i would go to get the ribbons?

Quote by jonnyhahn View Post
    thanks guys for all the replies. I would like to try and get authentic ribbons for the decorations, any ideas where i would go to get the ribbons?
    I suggest you watch e-bay.de.
    This is your most likely prospect.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by jonnyhahn View Post
    Try this site:

https://www.weitze.com/militaria/Ord...1800_1933.html