Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

German Imperial Telephone

Article about: I saw This at a market yesterday, I took a good look at it and everything is original. My friend took this photo of it for me with his phone, both the bottom and top are wood, the sides are

?

Default German Imperial Telephone

I saw This at a market yesterday, I took a good look at it and everything is original.
    My friend took this photo of it for me with his phone, both the bottom and top are wood, the sides are metal, the hand unit has a red button on it, which I think you would use to talk, it is maker marked, stamped into the wood, but it is hard to make out.
    I cannot find a date on it

Has anyone seen one of these before? Is it Military?

Any idea of value?
    I am thinking of buying it, however it is a bit expensive, so I really would like to get an idea of usage and value.

Thank you

Dean O
    Canada

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Imperial Telephone
    P
    Many

Hi Dean,

Looks like a good one.

I've seen several of these over the years, priced in the $300-$400 or so range. Not sure if they've actually sold or not at that price.

Sorry I can't help you more precisely on the value.

Best Regards,

Alan

Greetings Dean,

Yes, the phone is an original. The top appears to be separating from the main housing and the hand crank (see attached photo) seems to be missing (of course that just may be because of the angle of the photo). Yes, I realize you do not wish to actually use it, but these phones are not that rare and are usually found in better condition. I’d recommend waiting for another, better conditioned example, especially if this example is pricey. Two minutes after you pull the trigger and buy this one, another will come out of the woodwork… you know the deal.

V/r Lance

P.S. Attached photo came from here: Exhibit shows World War I

?

Thank you for the info guys, the crank is missing...so I will wait for a better one to show up.

Dean O
    Canada

Lance --good find
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

No Disrespect Dean...but if you wait for a better one to come along..you may be waiting a long time. If these WWI era phones are plentiful to be found..then I would agree to wait..but if they are not.....acquiring this one would suffice to fill in a display until another one comes along.

I tell the Edged weapon Gents if its common..wait for a greater example..if its rare acquire it and you have something to talk about with other like minded collectors. JMO Best Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

The originality and condition of the finishes and especially the decal is also something to consider. I far prefer an original unrestored phone in decent condition to a fully refurbished and refinished one with new finishes and a reproduction decal. I tend to agree with Larry, if the price is right and the phone unmessed with, give serious consideration to purchasing it and then locating a replacement crank.

Cheers, Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

Thank you again guys, I am still thinking about it, this has not been messed with, however I have always had problems trying to find missing cranks for things.

I have been looking for a crank for the WW2 American black "plastic" blasting box for years, I have 2 without the cranks, wish I could find one of those also.

Dean O
    Canada