Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

German M16-17-18 and cavalary helmets in AFGHANISTAN!!!

Article about: Hello guys, I am a Belgian soldier doing a tour in Afghanistan. Here I have found these old and very used German M16-17-18 and 'Cavalary-type' helmets. The story of the Afghan local, who is

?

Default German M16-17-18 and cavalary helmets in AFGHANISTAN!!!

Hello guys,

I am a Belgian soldier doing a tour in Afghanistan. Here I have found these old and very used German M16-17-18 and 'Cavalary-type' helmets. The story of the Afghan local, who is selling these helmets, is that Germany had selled these helmets just before the start of WO2 to the Afghan army. The Afghan Local is selling these helmets for 60$!!! But I'm wondering what the real value of such helmet is. Most helmets have no liner in it, some of them have.

When I have the helmets, I shall put some pictures on the forum.

Grts. K.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German M16-17-18 and cavalary helmets in AFGHANISTAN!!!
    P
    Many

Default Re: German M16-17-18 and cavalary helmets in AFGHANISTAN!!!

Krikke1980, welcome to the Imperial forum ! any M16/17/18 and cavalry helmets found in Afghanistan are going to be the real deal...please post photographs, value depends on condition, type of modifications made to the shell by the Afghans (holes etc) and paint. They will still have a good value, especially the "Cavalry" version.
    Prost ! Steve.

?

If you can get any of them for $60 buy as many as you can, especially the "cavalry" cut out, but as Steve says check for any modifications, that will reduce the values, if there are liners, they should be three pad ones, and they would look old, there should be two types of liner ring, a leather one that the liner is stitched to and a metal one where the liner is pinched between the ring and the inside shell, hope you have good luck with it

?

German M16-17-18 and cavalary helmets in AFGHANISTAN!!!German M16-17-18 and cavalary helmets in AFGHANISTAN!!!German M16-17-18 and cavalary helmets in AFGHANISTAN!!!German M16-17-18 and cavalary helmets in AFGHANISTAN!!!German M16-17-18 and cavalary helmets in AFGHANISTAN!!!German M16-17-18 and cavalary helmets in AFGHANISTAN!!!

So, here are some pics of the first helmet.
    What type is it and what could be the value?

?

German M16-17-18 and cavalary helmets in AFGHANISTAN!!!German M16-17-18 and cavalary helmets in AFGHANISTAN!!!German M16-17-18 and cavalary helmets in AFGHANISTAN!!!German M16-17-18 and cavalary helmets in AFGHANISTAN!!!German M16-17-18 and cavalary helmets in AFGHANISTAN!!!German M16-17-18 and cavalary helmets in AFGHANISTAN!!!

Pics of the second helmet.
    What type is it and what's its value?

More pics from other helmets will come if I can reach the other compounds.

krikke1980, first appears to be an M18 shell, with extra holes for Afghan badge and liner, ..look to be either size 66 or 68....value, here in the U.K. approx £80 ($100). second helmet is a M16 shell, notice the M91 Pickelhaube chinstrap mounts on the side of the skirt, looks to be either size 62 or 64, again around £80 ($100)....both these helmets should be marked around the chinstrap mount area with a makers mark and size pressed into the shell...for example "ET66".
    Prost ! Steve.