Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

German world war one records

Article about: Hello everyone, My great grandfather was in the German army during world war one and has a rather interesting story... He was a "sniper in the infantry" as my grandfather has told

?

Default German world war one records

Hello everyone,
    My great grandfather was in the German army during world war one and has a rather interesting story... He was a "sniper in the infantry" as my grandfather has told me. He was actually shot in the head at the battle of Pozieres ridge. He survived and then received an iron cross second class. I have tried to find records on him, but I have some information, but not much. Does anyone know where I can find records on the German army during world war one?

Thanks,
    Michael

?

Try https://www.bundesarchiv.de/benutzun.../index.html.en

If you email them with all the relevant personal details they should be able to help but it will take ages. I applied at the start of the year and am still waiting. You can hire someone to research it for you which is quicker but I don't know how expensive it is. A lot of the records were destroyed during the Second World War so be prepared for that.

?

Ok, thank you

Michael: Since you are a blood relation, the Deutsche Dienststelle and the Krankenbuchlager will answer your question(s) But the response time will be very slow. They will handle your question without the need to hire a researcher, to whom they probably would not give the information anyway. You will need to provide them both with as much information about your grandfather that you have, especially his date of birth and full name. After that whatever else you know about him will help including where he was from and what unit(s) he served in. Good Luck, Dwight

Deutsche Dienststelle (WASt)
    Eichborndamm 179
    13403 Berlin
    Tel: 030-41904-0
    Internet: Deutsche Dienststelle (WASt)

Landesamt für Gesundheit und Soziales Berlin
    Referat IV F - Krankenbuchlager
    Sächsische Str. 28
    10707 Berlin
    Tel: 030 46302 - 120 (Herr Dureck)
    Tel: 030 46302 - 146 (Frau Hagemeister)
    E-Mail: Poststelle@lageso.verwalt-berlin.de
    Internet: Krankenbuchlager - Berlin.de

Bundesarchiv
    Militärarchiv
    Wiesentahlstr. 10
    79115 Freiburg
    Tel: 0761/47817-0
    E-Mail: militaerarchiv@barch.bund.demilitaerarchiv<span Internet: Bundesarchiv - Abteilung Militärarchiv (Abt. MA)