Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

German WWI Gas Mask - 1918 ? Variant

Article about: To all the experts out there I have an identification question. This well marked 1918 gas mask is in coated fabric not leather as in other 1918 models I have researched. The canister itself

lafayette167
    ?

Default German WWI Gas Mask - 1918 ? Variant

German WWI Gas Mask - 1918 ? VariantGerman WWI Gas Mask - 1918 ? VariantGerman WWI Gas Mask - 1918 ? VariantGerman WWI Gas Mask - 1918 ? VariantGerman WWI Gas Mask - 1918 ? VariantGerman WWI Gas Mask - 1918 ? VariantGerman WWI Gas Mask - 1918 ? Variant

To all the experts out there I have an identification question. This well marked 1918 gas mask is in coated fabric not leather as in other 1918 models I have researched. The canister itself is tapered at the bottom as well which also is unusual. What do I have? it just doesn't match others that I find. Thank you all for your input.

2. # ADS

Default Re: German WWI Gas Mask - 1918 ? Variant

I'm no expert on gas maskes, but if you are asking is it German, i would say no. It's Austro-Hungarian based on the K.u.K stamp. Dwight

Dwight is correct. Kaiserlich und Koeniglich is the full term for K.u.K. and that is indeed Austro-Hungarian. The term was used up until 1918. NH

lafayette167
    ?

Thank you for the responses. That makes sense. It was with a small grouping of WWI items that included an Austro-Hungarian flask. I know what the German gas masks are valued at, but what does a KuK canister gas mask go for these days? I have also included a picture of all the items I bought together yesterday. The helmet has the insignia taped on, will be easy to remove it with no ill effects. ML

German WWI Gas Mask - 1918 ? Variant