Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German wwi pickelhaube felt helmet..opinions please!

Article about: I'm at an auction and this helmet is here! It looks good to me but I want other opinions. Also ...I'm thinking around \\$500? Am I close? Thanks!

Default German wwi pickelhaube felt helmet..opinions please!

I'm at an auction and this helmet is here! It looks good to me but I want other opinions. Also ...I'm thinking around $500? Am I close? Thanks!German wwi pickelhaube felt helmet..opinions please!German wwi pickelhaube felt helmet..opinions please!German wwi pickelhaube felt helmet..opinions please!German wwi pickelhaube felt helmet..opinions please!German wwi pickelhaube felt helmet..opinions please!German wwi pickelhaube felt helmet..opinions please!German wwi pickelhaube felt helmet..opinions please!German wwi pickelhaube felt helmet..opinions please!German wwi pickelhaube felt helmet..opinions please!German wwi pickelhaube felt helmet..opinions please!German wwi pickelhaube felt helmet..opinions please!German wwi pickelhaube felt helmet..opinions please!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German wwi pickelhaube felt helmet..opinions please!
    P
    Many

There'a an almost identical one on the Collectors Guild for just under a grand U.S., here's the link.

The Collector's Guild
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

It's a beauty with subdued fittings and with a complete liner! Go for it!

?

Looks legit, good luck!
    Regards,
    John

Thanks for the input. Starting bid is $425. How high is too high ? It's in pretty good shape! Forgive me but I'm not too familiar with wwi helmets.

A nice ersatz fetches a good price. To me, $1500 bucks but It may push $2K if its a worldwide auction....? Only a gut vibe, see what others say. It would be really great for under $1K! Good luck.

Thanks Nigel. It is very nice as far as condition goes. One damage area..looks like a crack in the felt.. On the front by the emblem

I won the auction! I think I did OK.
    Last edited by excalibr; 03-12-2014 at 03:36 PM.

For $600 I think you did real well.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Wow! That is terrific, congrats! You will easily get that and more if and when you sell.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast