Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

German WWI Tri-Color Camo. GBN 64

Article about: Hey guys, I was checking out this Helmet on another forum, I started talking with the person selling it and he said its original but he had not posted it on the forum there, i wanted to chec

Default German WWI Tri-Color Camo. GBN 64

Hey guys, I was checking out this Helmet on another forum, I started talking with the person selling it and he said its original but he had not posted it on the forum there, i wanted to check it out for myself and see what you guys think. I dont want to point fingers but the person selling it has told me he deals with alot of Military things at his online antique store. Brents Antiques Inc. Home Anyone heard of this site, and or used it before?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German WWI Tri-Color Camo. GBN 64   German WWI Tri-Color Camo. GBN 64  

German WWI Tri-Color Camo. GBN 64   German WWI Tri-Color Camo. GBN 64  

German WWI Tri-Color Camo. GBN 64  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German WWI Tri-Color Camo. GBN 64
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: German WWI Tri-Color Camo. GBN 64

Well the cam job does not quite conform to the regulations regarding width of the black separating lines, or the colours, but they were only a guidelines and colours could be chosen in respect to local conditions.....it could be a really badly done period cam....but it just doesn't look correct

My initial impression was I thought the paint looked fresh and then attempted to be aged, im not an expert, but I find if i look back on my initial thought or feeling it tends to lead me in the right direction on these things.

Brent is a dealer thats for sure, I bought a Police lid from him 2 years ago at what seemed a good price. When it arrived the liner had obviously been changed out (loose liner pins and no washers) which he never mentioned up front. I complained and he responsed with "it was a good price helmet".

So not a saint but not a crook either IMO. As for the stahlhelm above, i'd pass but thats just me.

I saw this on WAF. He normally only sells original stuff from what I have seen, but I don't really like this one. Just a gut feeling, I'm far from expert in WW1 camo.

Thanks for the heads up and the info, greatly appreciated as always

Original M16 helmet, looks like a rare "Gebrueder Bing A.G." of Nuernberg , with the mm G.B.N, they only made size 64, which this helmet appears to be..... as to the paint job ? who knows when it was painted, some of the points raised above would seem to indicate later rather than earlier, still a nice helmet if the price is right.
    Prost ! Steve.

It does nothing for me. I would pass on it.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I like the Interior better than outer . The fieldgrey paint here looks fine . The outer Black borders seem excessively wide , must have been a thick brush !