Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

A gift from ireland

Article about: While working in ireland about twenty years ago our client (an old lady) gave me these as part payment as she knew i did a lot of shooting and thought i could use them. i did explain what th

Default A gift from ireland

While working in ireland about twenty years ago our client (an old lady) gave me these as part payment as she knew i did a lot of shooting and thought i could use them. i did explain what they were for and that i couldnt use them but she gave them to me anyway. i asked how she came by them and it turns out they were issued to her late husband around 1920 when he was a member of the old IRA. And before you ask i did ask her about the gun they were issued with and she replied that her husband threw it in a river years ago as the children kept playing with it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A gift from ireland   A gift from ireland  

A gift from ireland   A gift from ireland  

Default Re: A gift from ireland

Superb items.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

What's it off? Luger or Browning?

P08 Luger. The so called Snail Drum magazine.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Ohhhh man, these look so good with an Arty 08...!
    Hard to get expensive items.

Argh! I can almost Hear the splash of it hitting the water....a Irish IRA used Luger from the Civil War...At least he saved the snail drum..sigh
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Assuming "IF" someone went looking and got very very very incredibly lucky, would a river ie freshwater (no salt) spell the end for it, or would it polish up like new?
    Just asking out of curiosity.

Unfortunately, even in fresh water, it would now be a solid ball of rust.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Thanks. Ah, makes me think back to my Scalemead Luger replica I had 9 years back, and wishing I hadn't trashed it before the silly replica laws came in.

I have fished in the river in question many times and have ended up diving there too but to no avail. Very VERY fustrating i can tell you