Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Grabenpanzer ....please advise

Article about: I recently accquired this Grabenpanzer and I could use the forum help. It weighs 20 pounds and is in excellent condition (almost too good) and I was wondering if this was a repaint and if it

Default Grabenpanzer ....please advise

I recently accquired this Grabenpanzer and I could use the forum help. It weighs 20 pounds and is in excellent condition (almost too good) and I was wondering if this was a repaint and if it may have been restitched. I believe it to be an authentic piece, however, any opinions would be appreciated. There are no markings on the main part of the Grabenpanzer, however, the three subsequent plates are numbered, and the bottom plate has the number and the three interlocking circles which I believe was for the KRUPP factory.Grabenpanzer ....please adviseGrabenpanzer ....please adviseGrabenpanzer ....please adviseGrabenpanzer ....please adviseGrabenpanzer ....please adviseGrabenpanzer ....please adviseGrabenpanzer ....please adviseGrabenpanzer ....please adviseGrabenpanzer ....please adviseGrabenpanzer ....please adviseGrabenpanzer ....please adviseGrabenpanzer ....please adviseGrabenpanzer ....please adviseGrabenpanzer ....please adviseGrabenpanzer ....please adviseGrabenpanzer ....please adviseGrabenpanzer ....please adviseGrabenpanzer ....please adviseGrabenpanzer ....please adviseGrabenpanzer ....please adviseGrabenpanzer ....please adviseGrabenpanzer ....please adviseGrabenpanzer ....please adviseGrabenpanzer ....please adviseGrabenpanzer ....please adviseGrabenpanzer ....please adviseGrabenpanzer ....please advise

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Grabenpanzer ....please advise
    P
    Many

Default Re: Grabenpanzer ....please advise

I can't give a definitive answer.

Certainly conforms closely to the shape of German WW1 body armour seen in photos.

The three interlocking circles was used by Krupp.

I would say it has been repainted - there seems to be a lot of corrosion under the paint.

Regards

Richie

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

These have been reproduced for many years now.

I am no expert on these (nor anything else) but this one has certainly been restored.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Desroyah...see this very informative thread https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/imper...we-know-10632/ by member Adler, he knows his stuff when it comes to the "Grabenpanzer" ! I have no examples in my collection (due to weight and size !), this set you show looks IMO to be original, which has been sympathetically restored, that is, re-painted, and re-hung. the "Three rings" logo (Krupp) being one of several known original maker marks. Adler should be along to give you a more informative insight into its appearance and reconstruction.....study the above thread. Still a nice set, and worthy of any collection...these items in their original state/condition are becoming more difficult to aquire these days...thanks for showing.
    Prost ! Steve.

These guys have summed it all up for you I think.. Original armor but re painted and hung..

As Steve pointed out, repainted or not, a nice set for any collection!

Welcome to our forum!

Josh

Thanks for all of the above replies and answers ! I also think it is a repaint ;I just was hoping that it was real, since due to the high demand of anything German,the fakes abound !

?

It's indeed a mod 1 made by Krupp. As said before, your grabenpanzer was repainted... Nevertheless, the straps and felt pads seem original, but this is hard to say from these pictures... Also the pads sit to high, they should normally stick out a little bit at the underside of the plates...

Adler

Thanks for the information !
    Regards,
    Dave