Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

The Grabenpanzer, what do we know?

Article about: The Grabenpanzer

Default Re: The Grabenpanzer, what do we know?

Great thread.
    Some great looking, hard to find examples.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The Grabenpanzer, what do we know?
    P
    Many

OKW
    ?

What would this armour actually stop? are we talking shell splinters, .303 at range or close order. I wouldn't like to fall in a water logged shell hole wearing this.

?

Thank you very much for your comment gentlemen!

do you have altough the Stirnschild which was mounted on the front side of the
    helmet?
    Yes, I have two of them... If you look closer at the picture of grabenpanzer mod. 1 size 1 in post 3, you can see one of them mounted on the helmet...

What would this armour actually stop? are we talking shell splinters, .303 at range or close order.
    The grabenpanzer offered protection against schrapnell within a few meters and direct hits from bullets within approx. 300 à 500 m. When hit by a bullet at short distance, the bullet would go through, but it would still make a smaller wound than without wearing the grabenpanzer.
    Tests were done by the US miitary (see picture), but I don't have the official report of that.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Grabenpanzer, what do we know?  

@ Adler

you was right! i should use my glasses or size the pics
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Grabenpanzer, what do we know?   The Grabenpanzer, what do we know?  

The Grabenpanzer, what do we know?  

OKW
    ?

So basically useless for trench warfare where firearms would be used at close range and also useless if the shell exploded behind. I can understand that it would give a bit of a mental boost, the thought of being protected, but i can see that wearing off once you were hot and sweaty struggling over rough ground, shell holes and barbed wire. Just like body armour in Afghanistan today.
    Last edited by CARL; 06-02-2017 at 06:30 PM.

?

this dimensiones ?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Grabenpanzer, what do we know?  

?

this .

Quote by OKW View Post
    So basically useless for trench warfare where firearms would be used at close range and also useless if the shell exploded behind. I can understand that it would give a bit of a mental boost, the thought of being protected, but i can see that wearing off once you were hot and sweaty struggling over rough ground, shell holes and barbed wire. Just like body armour in Afghanistan today.
    I think I heard of these being used by machine gunners on normal occasions? I dont know if its right or not, just something I heard a while back.
    Last edited by CARL; 06-02-2017 at 06:30 PM.

?

adler can you give me the dimensiones ?regards adrian

?

Dimensions will come soon Adrian, I've been very busy lately and didn't find the time to take measurements yet...

Adler

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast