Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Granatenwerfer 16

Article about: Not too long ago I was fortunate enough to get this GW16 through a trade. It arrived a few days ago. After cleaning the grime off I give it the once over and took some pics. The spring is st

Default Granatenwerfer 16

Not too long ago I was fortunate enough to get this GW16 through a trade. It arrived a few days ago.

After cleaning the grime off I give it the once over and took some pics.

The spring is still strong - it shot a wooden dowel rod a few feet. There are some pieces missing that though - the Schieſsstockkopf (shooting stock head), Schlagbolzan (firing pin) and Zwischenstück (spacer connecting piece). These are circled in the first pic. So, if any of you out there might have these sitting around, or know someone who does, please let me know!

Granatenwerfer 16

Granatenwerfer 16

Granatenwerfer 16

Granatenwerfer 16

Granatenwerfer 16

Granatenwerfer 16
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Granatenwerfer 16   Granatenwerfer 16  

Attached Images Attached Images

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Granatenwerfer 16
    P
    Many

Default Re: Granatenwerfer 16

Yesterday these two Wurfgranate 1915 arrived.

The top Wurf has been left in it's relic state, the other has been beautifully restored. Without the explosive charge filling the head they weight right at 3.5 pounds.

The following pic is of a Strosstruppen Granatenwerfer Abteilung - 4 soldiers, a squad leader and 2 GW16s make up the squad. Two soldiers per GW16. Note the bags (wings) they are carrying, each would carry 2 - 4 wurfgranaten. That's an extra 16 - 32 pounds! The pic is only showing one GW16 and the base.

If I understand it correctly, sometimes, when getting ready for a raid, one the the GWs was left behind; this allowed a base and/or extra wurfs to be taken.

As to the other pic - I just like it.

Very cool
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

?

Wow. That is a great piece of field gear.

That is a great piece.
    I was always hoping to find one ,during one of my relic hunting trip but no luck just the ammo for it.
    chris

Quote by cricketchris1944 View Post
    That is a great piece.
    I was always hoping to find one ,during one of my relic hunting trip but no luck just the ammo for it.
    chris
    Well HEY!!! If you ever want to get rid of some of that ammo let me know!!!!