Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Great-Great Grand Father Great War Bring Back

Article about: Hi Sadly my Great Grandmother pasted away just before Christmas and my family are in the process of distributing her belongs between the family. Well the other day I got a phone call form my

Default Great-Great Grand Father Great War Bring Back

Hi

Sadly my Great Grandmother pasted away just before Christmas and my family are in the process of distributing her belongs between the family.

Well the other day I got a phone call form my Grandfather who said he had found something that I might be interested in (Knowing that I collect militaria). He said that they were sorting through a box of locks and bolts and at the bottom was a medal. I asked if he could describe it and he described in detail a EK2! So today my mum is going to pick it up on the way back from some friends and I will take some pictures when it arrives.

We have are suspicions that the relative which brought it back was my Great-Great Grand Farther, Alfred Charles Henderson, who served as a Dvr with the RASC during World War One. (His son married my Great Grandmother). As he served behind the lines supporting the cavalry, I have two ideas of how he might have come across it.

Got it from a prisoner sent back to our lines.

Traded with a member of the infantry coming back from the front lines. This, in my opinion, is the most probable.

Thanks

Cameron

?

Default Re: Great-Great Grand Father Great War Bring Back

Sorry to hear about your Great Grandmother Cameron, never an easy time to lose someone.

Good news in a funny way though that you have the opportunity to get something from her and with a potential family link to your Great Great Grandfather. Those things are always the best to have.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Hi

Thank you Adrian, we knew she was going but it was still a shock, especially so close to Christmas....

Though as you say, it might be one of the only links I will ever have to my Great-Great Grand Father as te only other items I have is a small photograph.

Cameron

Sorry to hear about your great Grandmother Cameron.
    I will be looking forward to seeing a picture of new found family treasure.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Hi

Thank you John.

Cameron

Sorry to hear of your loss Cameron, my condolances. It is never easy to lose a loved one.
    Please do post photos of the EK when it arrives.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Sorry to hear of your loss Cameron, my condolances. It is never easy to lose a loved one.
    Please do post photos of the EK when it arrives.
    Ralph.
    Hi

Thank you Ralph, I am planing to make a little display to honor my Great-Great Grand Father so the EK2 will be the centerpiece.

Cameron

Hi

Unfortunately it turned out to be an extremely poor cast biker cross.

Thanks

Cameron

Sorry to hear that Cameron.
    The excitement of receiving something from a past family member is surely a high point.
    Ralph.
    Quote by Cameron Stockton View Post
    Hi

Unfortunately it turned out to be an extremely poor cast biker cross.

Thanks

Cameron
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

It's always nice to have something like this
    with a family connection.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.