Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Gun part?

Article about: Good day everybody! So I have this thing for some time already and still could not find nothing about the mark or the part itself. Can somebody please help me to identify it? The part is fro

Default Gun part?

Good day everybody!
    So I have this thing for some time already and still could not find nothing about the mark or the part itself. Can somebody please help me to identify it? The part is from germany if it helps
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gun part?   Gun part?  

Gun part?   Gun part?  

Gun part?  

CBH
    ?

It's a barrel band for the front of a Mauser rifle of some sort.
    The bayonet catch goes through the bottom, the gun barrel is on top, with the wooden fore stock between.

Quote by CBH View Post
    It's a barrel band for the front of a Mauser rifle of some sort.
    The bayonet catch goes through the bottom, the gun barrel is on top, with the wooden fore stock between.
    Thanks for a quick reply! So thats what I thought it is , perfect what about the mark? Is there any online catalog where I could try to check?

CBH
    ?

It looks Bronze and not steel, I'd attempt to find a matching example to date when used.
    Could be a 1890's or earlier, narrow down the date, then try researching the mark.
    The bayonet lug looks German but there where some similar styles.

Quote by CBH View Post
    It looks Bronze and not steel, I'd attempt to find a matching example to date when used.
    Could be a 1890's or earlier, narrow down the date, then try researching the mark.
    The bayonet lug looks German but there where some similar styles.
    Thanks one more time Chris, now I have a good starting point to try to find it

So I have been looking a little bit and found this M-1869 Werder model with similar barrel band. Any opinions?