Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hate Belt with wound badge Amazing

Article about: According to the "Last Tommy", he collected his mates cap badges to go on his belt.

Default Hate Belt with wound badge Amazing

Hi, we have had this belt for a while and would like to know if it is an exceptional copy...wound badge plus dozens of regiment buttons plus a KWII Pin at the other end. We have been rather attached but we collect more WW2 German items. Please let me know what you think a belt this unique could fetch if i found the Right buyer. I don't want to let it go but I must find someone who will keep it safe and cherish it, looks like it took this soldier a Lot to earn this belt.

Thanks Again,
    Anthony, Western Massachusetts

Hate Belt with wound badge AmazingHate Belt with wound badge AmazingHate Belt with wound badge AmazingHate Belt with wound badge AmazingHate Belt with wound badge AmazingHate Belt with wound badge AmazingHate Belt with wound badge AmazingHate Belt with wound badge AmazingHate Belt with wound badge AmazingHate Belt with wound badge Amazing

Default Re: Hate Belt with wound badge Amazing

Wow, i have no idea on price, but that is amazing! I am sure you wont have a problem finding a buyer for that!

Haydn

Cool belt! I never understood why they are called 'hate belts' though.

Quote by NewEnglandCollector View Post
    Hi, we have had this belt for a while and would like to know if it is an exceptional copy...wound badge plus dozens of regiment buttons plus a KWII Pin at the other end. We have been rather attached but we collect more WW2 German items. Please let me know what you think a belt this unique could fetch if i found the Right buyer. I don't want to let it go but I must find someone who will keep it safe and cherish it, looks like it took this soldier a Lot to earn this belt.
    It's a very nice belt, deserving a of a good home.

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    Cool belt! I never understood why they are called 'hate belts' though.
    I think the term "hate belt" is a collector's thing, I expect from the idea of keeping a 'souvenir' on your belt of each man you kill to display your 'hate' of the enemy.. macho nonsense. I never use the term myself. They were always just called 'badge belts' or something like that. They were very popular in the British and Commonwealth forces, worn as trouser belts and more of a mark of long service than any ridiculous Rambo-like performance.

Rob

A great item.

The hate belt term is something not heard of in the UK until more recent times as it is US in origin.

I bet Rob will remember Harold in the BBC's classic TV series "Steptoe & Son" wearing one?

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    A great item.

The hate belt term is something not heard of in the UK until more recent times as it is US in origin.

I bet Rob will remember Harold in the BBC's classic TV series "Steptoe & Son" wearing one?

Cheers, Ade.
    People of a certain age will.

Regards,

Andy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hate Belt with wound badge Amazing  
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Hi Andy, nice one!

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Steptoe and son, what a great show, I haven't seen it in years.

?

I must admit I have never heard the term "Hate Belt" before I read this thread. I've been foraging for stuff in the States a few times too, and did not come across the phrase there either. We live and learn!

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    A great item.

Cheers, Ade.
    I do indeed. What is even more remarkable about Steptoe & Son, is that Albert Ladysmith Steptoe wears an incredibly rare WW1 period British issue 'cardigan sweater' - he's wearing it in the photo aj4010 posted actually

Rob

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast