Article about: What brand it is helmet.whether it is a type of gladiator helmet

Default helmet.

What brand it is helmet.whether it is a type of gladiator helmet
    helmet.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement helmet.
    P
    Many

not a gladiator, perhaps one Aphgan ? The visor.
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

It is an ear cut out, whether it is a real one is the real question. From the angle of this picture it looks like it may be a fake, buried to "age" it. Good, close up, straight on shots from all angles will tell the tale of the tape. The flare at the apex of the cut out looks promising, but the visor looks like those on the Indian and Chinese repro's. From this one picture I have my doubts. Jim G.

To answer the original question, it is not a gladiator helmet. If it is real it would have been a WWI vintage ET64 M18 Ear Cut Out shell, reissued by the Reich. Better pictures are needed for a confident evaluation. Jim G.

As Jim says u will need more pictures to evaluate. ET was the only manufacturer of the M18 ear cut out helmet and I think only in size 64.

Steve

?

As there is no spacer washer behind the lug, it is not a size 64 helmet.

Quote by aicusv View Post
    As there is no spacer washer behind the lug, it is not a size 64 helmet.
    As I look at this one more it is looking better. Double click on the picture to enlarge it. There appears to be a spacer on the lug of the width that would make it a size 64. As I said earlier, we would be able to better evaluate this one with better pictures.

MAP
    ?

Not saying good or bad (as said, good close up photos are needed - especially a straight on shot from the front to show the flare) but normally I would be very leery of a "find" like that.

That said.......The angel on one side of my shoulder says that it looks like a heavy clay soil which might have protected the helmet. But the devil on the other side says that rust looks awfully fresh.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

I can't see a spacer. Then again it maybe the photo or just my eyes.